Error Message in Dell inspiron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzux

Right off the assembly line
Dear friends,

I have been using Dell inspiron 2650. configuration is 250 MB RAM. 40 GB HDD. 2 Ghz speed. and Pentium IV processor. When I shut down the system an error message is showing. Like this...

' The instruction at "0x7c910e3" The reference memory at"0x0000000". The memory could not be "Written". Click ok to terminate the program.'

I am really frustrated by this error message. please help...

Vyasram

The pWnster
Same here I also got the similar message in a blue screen in my HP 3 months ago .after some time it came at the startup so no other way reinstall the os

OP
B

Blitzux

No way...

Dear Vyasram,

I have reinstalled my OS three times to get rid of this error...but no use...it is still showing...

If any one know how to correct this, please help me...

shefzomania

Broken In
OK here goes.

First try reseating the memory card., i.e. remove it and plug it back in. See if this works.

If not when you boot the PC at the 'DELL' logo hit F12. In the menu choose 'diagnostics' and select the 'custom diagnostics'. Run diagnostics for the memory.

If the error message appears once in a while reseating the memory card will resolve the issue. But if it happens everytime, the memory may have gone bad.

Btw, r u in India? If yes was the PC bought in the US?

krishnathelord

In the zone
shefzomania said:
OK here goes.

First try reseating the memory card., i.e. remove it and plug it back in. See if this works.

If not when you boot the PC at the 'DELL' logo hit F12. In the menu choose 'diagnostics' and select the 'custom diagnostics'. Run diagnostics for the memory.

If the error message appears once in a while reseating the memory card will resolve the issue. But if it happens everytime, the memory may have gone bad.

hey what about me? :lol: 8)

rixone

Blitzux said:
Dear friends,

I have been using Dell inspiron 2650. configuration is 250 MB RAM. 40 GB HDD. 2 Ghz speed. and Pentium IV processor. When I shut down the system an error message is showing. Like this...

' The instruction at "0x7c910e3" The reference memory at"0x0000000". The memory could not be "Written". Click ok to terminate the program.'

I am really frustrated by this error message. please help...

Looks like I have some company here!

I have Dell Inspiron 500m notebook and I too get the same message. But its once or twice in every 15 days or so.

Have you tried contacting Dell Support?

OP
B

Blitzux

Hey guys,

I was a little busy with my works....yup! the 'diagnostics' idea really work out... thanx shefzomania for ur help...Now I am free from the bitch error... well, I am not in US!...i am in UK....

please try to solve krishnathelord's problem too...

Well rixone, u too try the 'diagnostics' idea....

lubu

Broken In
krishnathelord said:
shefzomania said:
OK here goes.

hey what about me? :lol: 8)

Check the status of your memory visit *oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp and test your memory modules

shefzomania

Broken In
Sorry for not replying till now.
Bin busy.
I got the info about the Dell inspiron from a friend of mine.
About the others, the problem definitely seems to be with the memory cards. try replacing them. If that doesnt work, sorry guys, cant help.

amigo

Interestingly I'm getting almost the same message:

instruction at 0x7c910e03

but referenced memory is 0x000000fe

My computer isn't a dell it's an MSI board with an AMD Sempron processor.

I get the error when I run Nero Vision (crashes 2 hours into a video conversion).

I tried 3 high quality memory modules and a memory stress test.

Changing modules doesn't make a difference.

The stress test didn't pick up a problem with any of the modules.

I have put in modules one at a time and together... with similar results.

I think it's a software problem. Whatever program references that instruction is stuffing up. In my case it's Nero but only when it's using Nero Vision. The Nero bug fixes refer to problems like this... but I'm not sure if they've fixed all the bugs yet.

In your case it sounds like something else... but perhaps it's related to Nero?

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom