Error after installing IE 7 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad_den

Padawan
s18000rpm said:
goto Tools->Internet Opyions-> & select "Setting" in Tab section, -> Now Check the Box "Enable Tabbed Browsing"

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
you mean you dont have this option (see pic - marked with red circle)
*img90.imageshack.us/img90/2406/ie71yw9.th.jpg

same pic :D oops , forgot to refresh this page :oops::D

s_aerin

Too hot for this forum.
screw ie7 beta, had to reinstall xp after installing both the beta version and the one provided on the dvd.

and yes, not legit xp.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
dude are you sure its IE7 ???
i doubt its IE7.

coz the icons in that "Internet Optoions" window look like from IE6's:wink:

prasad_den

Padawan
vimal_mehrotra said:
Reinstall it then.You have original windows too,so whats the problem:p:p
Ya... Guess I'll have to do it..!! I just want this so my dad can use IE with tabs in the guest account.. OTherwise, I don't really care..! :D

prasad_den

Padawan
^^^ PC free from viruses and other ad/mal/spy wares.. Anyway, D/L going on now.. finished the validation..

Ok.. D/L over.. Will let you know in a while..!! ;)
I think I now realise what the problem was.. During install, IE asks whether I want to download recent updates for IE and Malicious softweare removal tool. Previously I remember disabling the option. This time I allowed it to connect to the net, and I get no problems..!!

:confused: Does that mean the actual .exe file that MS provides does not have a tab enabled version..??

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
nope, it must have been some corruption of file or someone messed with the Registry.

i too installed IE7 2 days back & unchecked those things during installation, & no problems faced coz of that:wink:

prasad_den

Padawan
^^^ Weird..!! Coz I installed IE7 right after a fresh format and reinstall of XP with SP2.. So little chance of a corrupted registry being a cause.. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom