err. 6-2=4???? RAM PROBLEM....

Status
Not open for further replies.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Guys, I've ordered my rig from lynx, but the only issue is that the Corsair DHX 1600 C9 isn't available.

My platform is AMD DDR3.

Now Amarbir(owner lynx) proposed that he can instead give me a 6 GB kit but with only 2x2GB=4GB(that means he will give me 2 of the three 2GB DIMMs).

Now my query is that originally that RAM was made for INTEl core i7 triple channel platform, so will there be any issue if I use 4GB of the 6GB in dual channel on AMD platform instead????

PLEASE REPLY quick...

Krow

Crowman
Thread title is misleading! Obvio there won't be any issue!

OCZ black edition rams are available made for phenoms only, check that if you like.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Guys, I've ordered my rig from lynx, but the only issue is that the Corsair DHX 1600 C9 isn't available.

My platform is AMD DDR3.

Now Amarbir(owner lynx) proposed that he can instead give me a 6 GB kit but with only 2x2GB=4GB(that means he will give me 2 of the three 2GB DIMMs).

Now my query is that originally that RAM was made for INTEl core i7 triple channel platform, so will there be any issue if I use 4GB of the 6GB in dual channel on AMD platform instead????

PLEASE REPLY quick...

Which motherboard you ordered, and which RAM is Amarbir suggesting. Tell him to hold.

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Aah..

Mobo is ASUS EVO 785G
and RAM is the 6GB DDR3 1600MHz C9 Corsair KIT(optimized for core i7)

I presume that wont be a problem.....please guys reply quick...

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Aah..

Mobo is ASUS EVO 785G
and RAM is the 6GB DDR3 1600MHz C9 Corsair KIT(optimized for core i7)

I presume that wont be a problem.....please guys reply quick...

It supports this:
4 x DIMM. Max 16GB
DDR3 1800(O.C.)/1600(O.C.)/ 1333 / 1066 un-buffered ECC/Non-ECC memory

You should be fine.

You have dual PCI express lanes, which will auto arrange to x16 x4 in dual set up. Keep this in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom