Enthusiast gaming rig for 60k in installments

sager

Right off the assembly line
Hi all,
I am looking to build a good gaming rig that would last me next 2 years. The 1st year I expect to max out current games on the market at full HD. My preference of games include
- Battle field 3
- Assassins creed revelations
- Batman Arkam city
- Uncharted 3

I enjoy high graphic details with good physics to match and i would like to max out the game.

I am looking at building this rig in installments starting with the minimal specs to begin with ( say the cabinet, MOBO, minimal ram, HDD, gfx card etc). Will expand in installments.

I already have a 5.1 logitech z5500, microsoft sidewinder keyboard, MX518 mouse, a full hd tv. So the budget is for the best hardware in the CPU. If a good gaming rig can be built under 50k that would be great but can extend upto 80k (in installments) depending on ROI :mrgreen:

It will be really helpful for me if you can split the buying cycles into minimum initial investment and then suggest on future upgrades in cycles for next 3 months or so.

Here is the questionnaire

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Generic answers will not work. Be exact and avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:Casual Gaming and Home use. All latest FPS, racing simulation, 3rd person shooter, action advertures.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:~45K in first round and yes i will extend my budget (Upto 85K) for balanced build.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Not initially, after an year or so

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500GB to begin with, will expand later

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No monitor required. Will hookit up to my HD tv

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:MONITOR,KEYBOARD,MOUSE,Speakers, Joystic

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: 1st week of jan 2012

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:i have never built one but will do this time

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Hyderabad.I would try 2 avoid online shops unless they are trustworthy (flipkart). Pls suggest places from where i can acquire them (either online or walking in)

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:Should be future proof and looks should be stylish and cool. Also suggestions on cooling and lighting the cabinet.

My primary purpose is gaming, would you guys suggest a PC or a console?

Thanx in advance...

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 13K
MSI Z68A-GD45 (B3) @ 9.5K
Gskill RipjawX 1600 MHz 4GB @ 1.5K
Seagate 500 GB SATA HDD @ 4K
Seasonic 750W 80+ PSU @ 5.5K
Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus USB3 @ 3.2K
MSI HD 6950 2GB Twin Frozer II @ 16.4K
Asus 24x DvD writer 1.1k

Total: 54.2K

Exclude the graphics card if you want and then you budget will come bellow 45K. New gen cards are coming in few months from both amd & nvidia, and it should be worth waiting.

darth_vader1280

Broken In
Hi all,
I am looking to build a good gaming rig that would last me next 2 years. The 1st year I expect to max out current games on the market at full HD. My preference of games include
- Battle field 3
- Assassins creed revelations
- Batman Arkam city
- Uncharted 3

uncharted 3 is not available for PC, it is a PS3 exclusive

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
I would also suggest to take the whole system without the gpu & u can also consider this MB & invest the saved money in GPU or another 4 GB RAM has all the features except SLI
Flipkart: Biostar TZ68K+ Motherboard: Motherboard

Tarun

In the zone
i5 2500k @ 13k
Asus P8Z68-V Pro@14k
G.Skill RipJawX 1600mhz CL9 1.5k
Segate 500Gigs HDD@4k
Corsair GS600@3.7k
Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus USB3 @ 3.2K
MSI HD 6950 2GB Twin Frozer II @ 15.3K
OR
MSI N570GTX Twin Frozr II @ 20k
Asus 24x DvD writer 1.1k

Techniboy

Hello World!!
Go for this build.

Processor - i5 2500k RS.13k

Motherboard - ASUS P8Z68-V PRO Motherboard RS.16.5k

Hard Disk- Seagate Barcudda 1TB Internal HD RS.5.6k

Graphics Card- wait for Next gen NVIDIA CARDS.

RAM- 8GB is overkill so buy a single 4GB Stick. G,SKILL RipjawsX 4GB RS.1.7k

DVD/CD WRITER- LG/SONY/ASUS
RS.1k

Cabinet- NZXT Gaurdian 921 RB ATX Cabinet RS.4.5k

PSU- Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W Power Supply RS.6.6k

This build solid and future proof. all products are available on flipkart except the cabinet and psu.

The Total will be RS.49000 + 13-15k nvidia next gen card will make you total to be Close to RS.65000

Top Bottom