EMUI 8.1 Knuckle Gestures

Apple are leaders in design segment, why do you think they started the "notch" trend, why Google rolled out "notch" segment UI in their android P updates because to get the fully bezel-less smartphone!
Apple lost its crown for best design after iPhone 6 for me. Even iPhone 8 uses the same design with a glass back in it.

Apple badly needed a new design & they just started the notch trend with X, because they know how strong their reputation is & people would crave for it even if it is not the best idea.

Google had to implement support for notch because other companies started implementing it. I would say that only Essential Phone has a decent notch, all others are too big unnecessarily. In a way notch is the stepping stone to a truly bezel-less phone, but most companies have a big chin in spite of having a notch.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Apple are leaders in design segment, why do you think they started the "notch" trend
Their designs are crap. Look at i9 models of newer macbooks which have massive thermal throttling issues.

They wanted to one-up samsung in screen to body ratio and went 1000% retard with the notch. Same with removing 3.5 mm jack and making wafer thin phones which need to be charged 2-3 times a day.

Charchit Sharma

Journeyman
Their designs are crap. Look at i9 models of newer macbooks which have massive thermal throttling issues.

They wanted to one-up samsung in screen to body ratio and went 1000% retard with the notch. Same with removing 3.5 mm jack and making wafer thin phones which need to be charged 2-3 times a day.
Yes! I agree with the throttling issues, its bad! but it can never be helped because of the compact design factor, look at the razor laptop it suffers the same due to the compact design.

Charchit Sharma

Journeyman
Apple lost its crown for best design after iPhone 6 for me. Even iPhone 8 uses the same design with a glass back in it.

Apple badly needed a new design & they just started the notch trend with X, because they know how strong their reputation is & people would crave for it even if it is not the best idea.

Google had to implement support for notch because other companies started implementing it. I would say that only Essential Phone has a decent notch, all others are too big unnecessarily. In a way notch is the stepping stone to a truly bezel-less phone, but most companies have a big chin in spite of having a notch.
See, to get true bezel less smartphone they need to test something, they don't own the screen department Samsung owns, that's why they are happily implementing perfect screen design.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Apple are leaders in design segment,
why do you think they started the "notch" trend,
why Google rolled out "notch" segment UI in their android P updates because to get the fully bezel-less smartphone
!
Bold line 1- LOL
Next- Ever heard of Essential phone?
Next- Fully bezel less with a notch ha ha

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Yes! I agree with the throttling issues, its bad! but it can never be helped because of the compact design factor, look at the razer laptop it suffers the same due to the compact design.
Razer never said they have "best design in all of the universe". Also, their laptops have a powerful GPU as well, not some low end 560x.

Charchit Sharma

Journeyman
Bold line 1- LOL
If you know what is the meaning of design is, if you know what design is all about, you will know one day. Everyone copies apple because of design, they are not able to copy the hardware, they are not able to match the optimization of the hardware and software.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
It's true in 2018 that they are standing because of the trust and the ecosystem they have created and they need more innovation.
Nope, they are standing because apart from people that actually need iOS/mac specific apps, there are million others who buy apple products for showing off.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
If you know what is the meaning of design is, if you know what design is all about, you will know one day. Everyone copies apple because of design, they are not able to copy the hardware, they are not able to match the optimization of the hardware and software.

Yes! have you ever heard that Essential failed to enter the market successfully while reducing the price every quarter.

To get fully-bezel-less in the future. If you understand the testing phase.
isheep spotted.
I rest my case. Don't have time to waste.

Charchit Sharma

Journeyman
Nope, they are standing because apart from people that actually need iOS/mac specific apps, there are million others who buy apple products for showing off.
And those people who buy the Apple product for showing off are nothing more than idiots. And it's true there are a lot in India.

Top Bottom