EMUI 8.1 Knuckle Gestures

Yes! I agree with the throttling issues, its bad! but it can never be helped because of the compact design factor, look at the razor laptop it suffers the same due to the compact design.
The competitors to MacBook Pro, Dell XPS 15 & new Asus UX480 have lower heating issues, with Asus one being better. Even among the compact gaming laptops, those slim one with GTX 1060 or better (unlike RX 560 which is inferior to GTX 1050), Asus Zephyrus M has the best cooling system but others are decent as well, like MSI GS65, Aero 15X & Razer Blade.

Also, people have already found the solution to improve the stability of CPU performance which improves its performance by 20% compared to the throttled one. So Apple could have easily found it & solved it during testing unless they want your laptop to create issues after 2 years due to heat so that you buy a new MacBook (*cough* iOS update slowing iPhones *cough*)

I guess I spotted Chinese-sheep. I never said I liked iPhone, instead, I am more into Google's stuff. I only support the design factor they produce, the ecosystem they have created.
Don't get me wrong, but even I was like you adoring the Apple designs & hoping I would get an iPhone 7 with android (I like compact phones & my current phone is a bit bigger than I would want it to be, but there aren't any good options).

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I guess I spotted Chinese-sheep. I never said I liked iPhone, instead, I am more into Google's stuff. I only support the design factor they produce, the ecosystem they have created.
isheep confirmed.
Please don't tell me that you manufacture your SHITpple in USA.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
The competitors to MacBook Pro, Dell XPS 15 & new Asus UX480 have lower heating issues, with Asus one being better. Even among the compact gaming laptops, those slim one with GTX 1060 or better (unlike RX 560 which is inferior to GTX 1050), Asus Zephyrus M has the best cooling system but others are decent as well, like MSI GS65, Aero 15X & Razer Blade.

Also, people have already found the solution to improve the stability of CPU performance which improves its performance by 20% compared to the throttled one. So Apple could have easily found it & solved it during testing unless they want your laptop to create issues after 2 years due to heat so that you buy a new MacBook (*cough* iOS update slowing iPhones *cough*)
Here's the thing, where you are wrong.
I work in a department specifically to develop Mac OS apps. I am typing this from a MacBook Pro 2017, I own a 1.3 lakh ryzen 5 4k desktop. Safe to say, I have experienced the best of both worlds. Now, I won't give up my Ryzen Windows Build ever, for a Mac. but let me tell you, even a MacBook Air from 2011 (testing device) holds up surprisingly well today. Compare any equivalent windows high end laptop from 2011 and say it will be the same. Its obviously not.
TDF has a bias against apple. Its simple as that. When you see mods polarise their views instead of remaining neutral, and/or not punishing blatant flaming against people who even remotely say "I like apple's design", then you know something is seriously wrong in this forum. I know they are exceedingly overpriced for what they offer. They factor in substandard hardware for the price but needless to say, their OS and ecosystem is extremely tightly bound and optimised. Windows tried closed device integration and sandboxing with UWP and failed miserably (again, I m speaking from experience, in developing UWP apps.
Apple is shit at gaming
Apple is crap at providing VFM hardware
I myself dislike the notch design.
but there are stuff Apple is definitely good at. Its insane how even a 2011 device can still hold up and work the way it does. I can't ever imagine coding on a 2011 win laptop, today. Again, another example, The touchpad on the MacBook is insanely good, its undoubtedly the best trackpad, I've ever used. But Perhaps the Microsoft surface trackpad is even better ?? IDK
So please, lets just give credit where credit's due. We're better than calling people iSheep, and rewarding said person with "likes".

Last edited:

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I work in a department specifically to develop Mac OS apps. I am typing this from a MacBook Pro 2017, I own a 1.3 lakh ryzen 5 4k desktop. Safe to say, I have experienced the best of both worlds. Now, I won't give up my Ryzen Windows Build ever, for a Mac. but let me tell you, even a MacBook Air from 2011 (testing device) holds up surprisingly well today. Compare any equivalent windows high end laptop from 2011 and say it will be the same. Its obviously not.
TDF has a bias against apple. Its simple as that. When you see mods polarise their views instead of remaining neutral, and/or not punishing blatant flaming against people who even remotely say "I like apple's design", then you know something is seriously wrong in this forum. I know they are exceedingly overpriced for what they offer. They factor in substandard hardware for the price but needless to say, their OS and ecosystem is extremely tightly bound and optimised. Windows tried closed device integration and sandboxing with UWP and failed miserably (again, I m speaking from experience, in developing UWP apps.
Apple is shit at gaming
but there are stuff Apple is definitely good at. Its insane how even a 2011 device can still hold up and work the way it does. I can't ever imagine coding on a 2011 win laptop, today. Again, another example, The touchpad on the MacBook is insanely good, its undoubtedly the best trackpad, I've ever used. But Perhaps the Microsoft surface trackpad is even better ?? IDK
So please, lets just give credit where credit's due. We're better than calling people iSheep, and rewarding said person with "likes".

Let the said person reply now. TDF is not biased, I guess members here care for vfm products. About your 2011 laptop good for usage even today, it all depends on how you are gonna use it. A member here updated his "windows" pc after 8 years I guess. Hell I updated after 10 years, in my case the main point was budget though. My friend is using his i3 laptop for simple office stuff since the past 6 or 7 years.

"Rewarding with likes" do you think me or anyone else care about likes here? Sorry buddy not everyone here is like you.

And I have nothing personal against Charchit when I called him an isheep. I am pretty sure he didn't feel offended. Atleast I don't get into quarrels with everyone like "some people" who think that they are above everyone.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Look man, I got nothing against you, I am not saying apple doesn't deserve a lot of the hate that it gets, but people do really need to balance it out. We must understand that, and calling someone an isheep just because he likes the design (which I too dislike BTW), that didn't sit right with me.
The design notch is solutionism at it's worst. They "fixed" a problem that never existed. Personally I'ma fan how galaxy s9 handled it.

Last edited:
Apple is shit at gaming
I would agree with you that MacOS is better than Windows in optimization. Win10 even now crashes at random & Microsoft need not even fix it as they know there's no competitor to Windows. Most people are comfortable in Windows OS & won't move to Linux or MacOS even if they don't game. Last time I used Ubuntu on my laptop (3 years ago), my laptop was running hotter than it would on Windows at that time.

My previous laptop, Lenovo Y500, succumbed to thermal stress as I used it to game a lot during my college days & during summer the temp at my college would go as high as 45C. So in a way I learned that continuously running laptop at high internal temperatures is bad in long run (my Y500 was functional even after 3 years but I sold it). A friend of mine used his Y500 for ~5 years (he had some KB issues in last year but he decided not to replace the KB) & Arif is still using it I think. So someone using MacBook Pro with new i7/i9 for video editing (Final Cut Pro on Mac is great from what I heard), will face issues in long run.

I know people who have old laptops with the only problem being a broken hinge & those laptops were cheap ones, like 35k or so. They used their laptops for editing docs, making ppt & watching videos. So I would say the longevity of a laptop depends on the person using it & for what it is used for. Lower internal temperatures do help in the long run & inconsistent performance isn't something which people would prefer at such a high cost, like the MacBook.

As I said, if people not working at Apple can fix it, I'm sure Apple could have fixed it before releasing. Then we might not be even having this conversation about thermal throttling.

Charchit Sharma

Journeyman
Let the said person reply now. TDF is not biased, I guess members here care for vfm products. About your 2011 laptop good for usage even today, it all depends on how you are gonna use it. A member here updated his "windows" pc after 8 years I guess. Hell I updated after 10 years, in my case the main point was budget though. My friend is using his i3 laptop for simple office stuff since the past 6 or 7 years.

"Rewarding with likes" do you think me or anyone else care about likes here? Sorry buddy not everyone here is like you.

And I have nothing personal against Charchit when I called him an isheep. I am pretty sure he didn't feel offended. Atleast I don't get into quarrels with everyone like "some people" who think that they are above everyone.

You need to think like customers rather than being personal.

Minion

Conversation Architect
These features are redundant features instead of adding more useless features honor should concentrate on making ROM lightweight and less buggy.

Problem with EMUI and MIUI is they comes with endless features which makes ROM heavy ,laggy and buggy.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Apple being Apple they will always overprice their product and people will buy them no matter what, some to show off,some thinks apple products are most secure device and some to experience iOS.

Truth is both Android and iOS have issues iOS. I personally will never get a Apple product simply because they are way restrictive and being in iOS ecosystem you have to spend money everywhere be it listening to music or for apps In android I have a choice I can either use ad supported app for free or buy pro version and trust me you can easily get pro versions legally by buying with google credits earned by google rewards app.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Apple being Apple they will always overprice their product and people will buy them no matter what, some to show off,some thinks apple products are most secure device and some to experience iOS.

Truth is both Android and iOS have issues iOS. I personally will never get a Apple product simply because they are way restrictive and being in iOS ecosystem you have to spend money everywhere be it listening to music or for apps In android I have a choice I can either use ad supported app for free or buy pro version and trust me you can easily get pro versions legally by buying with google credits earned by google rewards app.
+ SHITpple slows down older phones via updates so that people buy the latest device which is like 25% faster.

Charchit Sharma

Journeyman
Look man, I got nothing against you, I am not saying apple doesn't deserve a lot of the hate that it gets, but people do really need to balance it out. We must understand that, and calling someone an isheep just because he likes the design (which I too dislike BTW), that didn't sit right with me.
The design notch is solutionism at it's worst. They "fixed" a problem that never existed. Personally I'ma fan how galaxy s9 handled it.
Nothing personal bro. As a customer, I would never buy an overpriced junk by SHITpple even if I had the money.
for the record, I like Google Products.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

Apple has always pushed for planned obsolescence and despite them knowing about hardware failure issues (leaked internal docs), they will keep doing so. That's how they make profit. They don't care whether a noob or an actual professional is buying their products/ecosystem.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Don't get me wrong, but even I was like you adoring the Apple designs & hoping I would get an iPhone 7 with android (I like compact phones & my current phone is a bit bigger than I would want it to be, but there aren't any good options).
Almost every OEM is going retard by using screen notch and glass back with small battery. Sony has a history of making compact flagships but they are barely surviving in the market now.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I know people who have old laptops with the only problem being a broken hinge & those laptops were cheap ones, like 35k or so. They used their laptops for editing docs, making ppt & watching videos. So I would say the longevity of a laptop depends on the person using it & for what it is used for. Lower internal temperatures do help in the long run & inconsistent performance isn't something which people would prefer at such a high cost, like the MacBook.
This. I have a (probably) 11 year old Lenovo R61 with 1GB DDR2 ram running windows 7 (came with windows xp). It still is holding well for educational use by my cousins. All of it was possible because I could open it for regular clean up and TIM re-application. Only one rubber dome is missing from arrow keys (put a rolled piece of paper in its place for "jugaad"). :bananana:

Top Bottom