Employee monitoring problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

siennal

Right off the assembly line
I have a small business, most of my employees require Internet access to do their jobs. I have some concerns about inappropriate use of the computers and how it might affect productivity. I googled and got know there is software for computer monitoring
such as SentryPC, Realtime Spy, Desktop spy and much more
but is there anything available for small businesses that will allow me to monitor my employees discreetly? Thx for any reply

khmadhu

change is constant!!
The tools u mentioned are threat to u r employee privacy.

detail monitoring on employees(passwords of mail,bank,etc..) could lead to many problems if u one of u r employee comes to know this.

For small business,better go for "Squid" proxy *www.squid-cache.org/ . u don't need to spend a penny for this.
its free and open source. u can record all the urls (websites) accessed by the employees.

this has many features like,bandwidth control,blocking some sites,url logging...increases u r internet speed and performance and many more....

will be little difficult to configure for beginners. but will be very helpful. trust me :)

khmadhu

change is constant!!
@sakumar79 yes of-course it logs LAN IP.
and also u can u can configure username and password authentication, in this case it will log both username and IP.
u can create custom logs like browser type, OS type, etc....

lailie

Right off the assembly line
staff monitor is a very powerful network monitoring tool that will record an amazing array of things on a netowrk (origin and destination computer IP, etc.). I have not used it in a while but I am pretty sure its rules can be set for very specific things, like a specific IP or URL.:razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom