Eminem Slaps Apple with a Lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Eminem Sues Apple Over iTunes Downloads

Today, it's rap artist Eminem's turn to bite down to Apple's core. In a multi-million dollar lawsuit filed on Monday, Eminem's producer (Eight Mile Style) and his copyright manager (Martin Affiliated) claim that Universal Musical Group was never authorized to allow the download of his music from iTunes.

Eight Mile and Martin have demanded that Apple cease and desist its reproduction and distribution and Apple has refused," states the complaint filed by Eight Mile Style and Martin Affiliated.

Of the 99 cents that Apple receives for each song downloaded from iTunes, 70 cents is given to the recording label. The recording label then gives roughly 9.1 cents of its 70 cents to the publisher of the song.

Recording artists are looking for a way to receive a bigger chunk of the 60.9 cents that is left according to entertainment lawyer Owen Sloane.

"There are a number of unresolved issues," remarked Sloane. "You're going to see more of these suits."

So now Apple has started cheating ... some 1 used to talk about business ethics :roll:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I open a retail store and buy from a wholesaler who buys from a manufacturer. I have no contact with the manufacturer, of course. The manufacturer tells the wholesaler not to sell his products through me but the wholesaler does so anyway.
Since the wholeseller is essential to the manufacturer's business, the manufacturer asks me to remove his stuff from my shop. I decline, of course.

Lo, I am the cheater! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom