Elden Ring

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Wow. You are way ahead it seems.

I am currently exploring the area west of Liurnia of the lakes.

OP
Æsoteric Positron

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
Yeah, though I am done with that area now. Currently in the Raya Lucaria academy proper.
Beat the main boss yet? Could remind you of another one from DS:3 :p

Anyway, I played Elden Ring again today, after a pretty long break. Had forgotten how good the game played. This has somewhat spoilt other RPGs for me, and even open world to an extent, many of which require you to fully invest in the world (RDR:2 and God Of War) whereas Elden Ring even allows the player to enjoy the game as a arcade, if he likes. And it has a good world map, one of the better drawn I have seen(except for skyrim's, maybe).

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Beat the main boss yet? Could remind you of another one from DS:3
Last I beat Red Wolf of Radagon, reminds me of Sif from Dark Souls 1. I haven't played in the last three days, too much work.
My friend clocked 150hrs on completing this Game
I myself have around 50+ hours so far.
Anyway, I played Elden Ring again today, after a pretty long break. Had forgotten how good the game played. This has somewhat spoilt other RPGs for me, and even open world to an extent, many of which require you to fully invest in the world (RDR:2 and God Of War) whereas Elden Ring even allows the player to enjoy the game as a arcade, if he likes. And it has a good world map, one of the better drawn I have seen(except for skyrim's, maybe).
Yeah. You have the freedom to explore and level up your character in side dungeons and optional bosses before challenging any main boss. And experienced players can just skip what's unimportant. The only problem I have with Elden Ring is that From has reused bosses and areas a lot to fill the open world which kind of makes the game feel repetitive at times, unlike Dark Souls series where almost all bosses have something unique about them.

OP
Æsoteric Positron

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
The only problem I have with Elden Ring is that From has reused bosses and areas a lot to fill the open world which kind of makes the game feel repetitive at times, unlike Dark Souls series where almost all bosses have something unique about them.
Yeah... you could make the case for some repetition, but sometimes its too much. I have met 2 of the major bosses that were copied again in a dungeon. They weren't even minibosses, but the boss of an entire area. Imagine if we had copies of Taurus and capra demons just lying und--- bad example. Anyway, the dragons being copied away is the worst offender though... Like, yeah, the first dragon fight was quite memorable for me, but really... I never killed one dragon after that (and unlike skyrim, they ain't unskippable... so :p). In fact the only major bosses that might be hiding achievements behind them that I haven't beaten, are dragons. I just give them credit for allowing the user the ability to skip every single repeat encounter.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Beat Malenia yesterday. Took 4+ attempts. I tried to fight solo first (without spirit ash) and got my *** kicked in second phase. So I decided to use Mimic Tear and used the distraction to heal and buff. Managed to kill her in the same attempt when I used the spirit ash.

I am currently running an arcane+bleed build with dual Lordsworn straight swords.

My fashion:
photo_6246865048693748156_y.jpg

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
That image is compressed a bit since I uploaded it from a Telegram share.

Here's the original image, but some things like water are just designed that way in this area:

*i.postimg.cc/c0Bq5zy2/Screenshot-20220717-194345.png

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
I started the game yesterday with samurai build played continous 4 hrs reached Liurnia of the lakes but where are the bosses? I just encountered 1 in my playthrough.
Also does the game has slutter issue? It slutters for 1 second and then comes back to normal fps.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
The game runs a bit poorly on PC. You will just have to wait until FromSoft releases a fix.

but where are the bosses?
If you follow the direction pointed by the grace you will reach the main boss of the area. But I suggest doing the side bosses first. Here are where you can find some of them in the field:

- In the middle of the lake in Limgrave there is a dragon boss fight, keep running around until you see a burning pole on an island in the middle with some undead around it. When you get close it will trigger the boss fight.

- At night keep following the road south from the Gatefront ruins and you will get a Night's Cavalry boss.

- All dungeons have a boss at the end. The closest two bosses are at the base of the cliff when going north from the Church of Elle. One is a catacomb with an Erdtree Guardian and the other is a cave with a Beastman boss.

- There is a Tree Sentinel near the first grace you get in Limgrave.

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
The ending is pretty underwhelming IMO, especially the vanilla endings. I think Ranni's ending is the most interesting of all of them.

Top Bottom