Elden Ring

OP
Æsoteric Positron

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
Hey, the trailer's out! Even though, the trailer itself doesn't look too good graphically, I can't help but get excited about another fromsoft game. It looks like there's gonna be multiplayer this time too. The gameplay seem to be more of dark souls based than sekiro based. They have also made it abudently clear that you are gonna die, so doubt about it. SO, prepare to die yet again bois and gals, prepare to die again.

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Hey, the trailer's out! Even though, the trailer itself doesn't look too good graphically, I can't help but get excited about another fromsoft game. It looks like there's gonna be multiplayer this time too. The gameplay seem to be more of dark souls based than sekiro based. They have also made it abudently clear that you are gonna die, do doubt about it. SO, prepare to die yet again bois and gals, prepare to die again.
Yeah, even Dark Souls 3 actual game had somewhat different graphics from the trailer. I think this is actually supervised by Miyazaki so it will have all the classic Dark Souls mechanics including multiplayer. Story however will be the same obscured bullshit even if GRRM is the writer.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Elden Ring on Twitter: Join us for a 15-minute glimpse of #ELDENRING gameplay on November 4th at 3 PM CET/7 AM PDT

That's 7 PM IST.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Elden Ring rated 95 on Metacritic for PC, 97 on PS5.

Releases tomorrow. You guys hyped?

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
So I started playing this, seems pretty good so far. The mechanics are exactly the same as Dark Souls with an added jump mechanic. The main difference from Dark Souls is that there are very few claustrophobic locations and a proper open world gives you more options to choose where you want to go. The main emphasis is on exploration which you can do with a horse.

However, I kind of feel that its a bit jarring compared to the railroaded maps of previous Dark Souls.

OP
Æsoteric Positron

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
Nice. I didn't attend the network test because it didn't run on Linux at the time.
Neither did I, but the fact that jumping attack and charged R2 does significantly more posture damage doesn't seemed to be changed, as the item description for posture breaking says they do.

Top Bottom