Educate me on this

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolumad

Broken In
Hi all,

My router stopped working 2 days back,i am on mtnl 256kbps unlimited plan.The router is of D-link(502T),now i think of buying new one to enjoy wi-fi on my phone.Now my question is- Apart from router, what do i need to buy to enjoy wifi on my phone.I also want to surf on pc.Which D-link router is capble of doing this.Will i be able to configure it,i have all settings of current one.Budget is 2.5k.

amitash

Intel OCer
I have a Dlink router...All you need for wifi on your mobile is just the router...For PC you will need to buy a pci wifi card..If you have a laptop or a mobo capable of recieving wifi you are set.

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
get a wi-fi router , no need to get pci wifi card , u can connect it normally with RJ-45 (cat5) cable . i got 1 netgear router for 1.8k , it is just router , it has no modem , so we have to connect it to our existing modem . but as your adsl router stopped u have to get adsl wifi router whil will set u back for 3k (afaik)

OP
L

lolumad

Broken In
So i need to buy adsl router.Btw,what is the difference between router and modem.What should i call the one mtnl provided. Sorry i am still learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom