Edit dns free(ware) days end

iinfi

mekalodu
FAQs: EditDNS Migration To Dyn (Free And Paying Users) | Dyn Inc.

Dear EditDNS Customer:

Last August, EditDNS was acquired by Dyn, the world's fastest growing provider of managed DNS -- a marriage of two organizations committed to providing all of our customers with the best services and support in the industry.

But the time has come to bring you fully into the Dyn family so you can enjoy our superior performance and reliability -- all in a easy-to-use migration tool that we created for this endeavor.

***Note that services offered by EditDNS will be discontinued on August 31, 2011 and your user information will no longer be accessible through that site.***

For the details and various options available to you, we've set up an FAQ page and breakdown of different options. We are excited to have you experience the Dyn difference as soon as possible.

If you have any questions that aren't answered by the links here, please contact our migration support team.

Thank you,
Dyn Migration Support

any other good free DNS providers you guys are aware of?

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
i need one for my domain .... i dont think the ones you have mentioned offer free dns services....

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
i need one for my domain .... i dont think the ones you have mentioned offer free dns services....

DynDNS offers your DNS with their own domain which you can use. (xyz.dyndns.org, etc.)

CNAME record for your (sub)domain -> xyz.dyndns.org

Job done. I use it that way.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
no .. i v a .com domain
and my mail is on google apps

Yes. yes. I have a .com domain too. One of my subdomains point with a CNAME record to the DynDNS hostname (which is a free service). I can easily map the main domain to the dyndns hostname if I wish.
Your mail doesn't matter here. Mail depends on the MX record, so as long as it's fine then no problem.

Unless of course I am misunderstanding what you want. You want your domain to automatically update to your Dynamic IP address right?

If you just mean Domain Management, there are many services for that as well. Usually though your domain registrar should offer those services.

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
there is no news on whats gona happen to editdns's free project
free.editdns.net - Free DNS Hosting

no...
i dont have anything to do with dynamic dns.

i need a naming service to point to google.
free.editdns.net - Free DNS Hosting was doing the job for me.

i need a CNAME
mail.xyz.com to point to ghs.google.com
MX sud point to aspmx.l.google.com
NS now points to free01.editdns.net

i dont think dyn dns will do the job for a .com domain .. plz correct me if i m wrong

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
no .. i v a .com domain
and my mail is on google apps

**mods can delete post if found as advertising but i couldn't help but direct him to another free service :D

transfer your domain to us at Outpower Hosting - Reliable cheap Linux cPanel Indian Hosting & Domains and we offer you completely free Advanced DNS

Top Bottom