Edgerouter 4, RB4011, or parts for a rackmountable box running pfsense?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any need for submitting kyc docs for an item below 1k(original price,no under invoicing)?

This is the seller:
upload_2019-11-12_1-33-19.png

OP
Extreme Gamer

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
You may or may not have to. If it's arriving via courier they will ask you to upload the docs. With Indiapost not too sure.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
You may or may not have to. If it's arriving via courier they will ask you to upload the docs. With Indiapost not too sure.
I saw somewhere online asking for 2 docs out of voter id,pan,passport,DL,aadhaar. Is it so or just voter id won't do(as far as I know voter id confirms both photo id & address requirement unlike pan)?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Even if it comes via Indiapost(aliexpress standard shipping I believe)? I saw some comments elsewhere where people replied that they didn't have to submit any kyc(items were cheap 1-2k ones from aliexpress).

OP
Extreme Gamer

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Oh this is my first order from Aliexpress. I don't know whether it will come through India Post or a private courier.

My last shipment through the post office was from Japan and they charged me an insane amount in customs duty IIRC but no KYC was required. This was back in 2018 after a whopping 6+ months delay (unregistered parcel).

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I see,from whatever I read online it seems aliexpress standard shipping first sent packages to Singapore & from there Singapore mail handles it till Indian border where it is handed over to India post.For cheap/uninteresting items there is usually no kyc but if package is coming through some pvt courier then kyc is must(e.g.read comments that yw special line something method uses gati courier in India for delivery) just like amazon global products where id is must.For any known/reputed shipping method like dhl/fedex etc(aka anything costlier than aliexpress standard shipping),kyc is must. It is also said that high chances of package being lost(aka stolen at post office centres) if it is coming via non-trackable shipping method.

P.S. just curious,what did you order from Japan.Some anime merchandise?

OP
Extreme Gamer

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
So a Ubiquiti distributor I had been in touch with informed me today that they have received stock of the ER4. Since the Aliexpress shipment will take another two weeks, I ended up ordering the ER4 too lol...

I suppose I should use the other box for an NAS. The four ports can probably be aggregated (i210AT chips) and the max speed would be 4Gbit (8Gbit full duplex) so some 8TB+ NAS drives on external USB3 cages is probably sufficient.

Top Bottom