EDGE/GPRS on Vodaphone connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Hello guys,
My brother will be changing the service provider from Airtel to Vodafone. Its most probably a corporate connection and I would like to know some details.

1. What are the EDGE charges per month? And what is the price difference with respect to GPRS.
2. Whats the practical speed of EDGE one can expect on Vodaphone.
3. Is EDGE available while on roaming? or does it switch to gprs?
4. Is EDGE suitable enough for making Voip calls using Skype?
5. His primary use will be checking official mails via Pocket Outlook(Win Mo).

Thanks in advance :)

ThinkFree

Technomancer
1 In Delhi, its Rs. 899 per month for unlimited use.
Plans start from Rs. 199pm but without any free usage, and usage charges are Rs.5/MB which is very costly. EDGE/GPRS are the same thing, Vodafone Mobile connect will provide you EDGE where it is available or will downgrade to GPRS where it's not there.

2 Practical speed will vary depending on the location and time of day(depending on other users)

3 It will depend upon the location you visit. If EDGE is available in the visited circle, you will get it, otherwise GPRS

4. Theoretically it is good enough, but practically no. At some times you may be able to make calls, but at times it may disappoint you.

5. Even GPRS will be good enough if it's to be used mainly for checking mail only.

But why is he changing to Vodafone when Airtel's unlimited use plan is cheaper and Airtel's network too is a little better?

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Thanks for the update. And regarding move from airtel to vodafone,as I said before its a corporate connection and the change to vodafone is company wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom