Hi guys
My config is:
E7200
Abit IP35 P
1gb ram
coolermaster 390w extreme Psu
8600gt gpu
CM 330elite cabinet

My problem is that for past 15 days the cpu temperature has rised by 10 degrees. And I somtimes get warning beeps, and system hangs.
I am not an overclocker. Using stock heatsink from intel.
Before the CPU used to idled at 38-43 degree C. And on load it reached 55-58C.

Now my Cpu idles at 48-52, and on ,load it goes quickly to 65+ and starts beeping.
I am not able to play games like cod4 or use any heavy apps. Even winrar extraction takes cpu to 65C.

I have checked the cpu fan, its working fine at 1600-1800rpm, heatsink is sitting fine.
Although there is no thermal paste used.

Can i get my cpu idel at 38-43 like before?
And is it normal that CPU jumps quickly rising from 50 to 65C in like 20 seconds whenever there is load.

Please guide me freinds :(

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^itz not normal

well it can be a problem with ur environment, try and sit in an AC room or open the windows.... ur fan(CPU fan, not the celieng one :D) might hv SOME problem so check it... if possible get an aftermarket cooler.

Shloeb

In the zone
^^ That's worrying. Because i have a e7200 and it idles at 45 degrees and goes to 55 degrees at 100% load but during gaming it reaches 50 degrees and i am in a non-AC room. Intel has some problems going on these days with the processors. The normal idle temperature for an e7200 is 34 degrees. Even after overclocking to 3.6 ghz the temperature should be 52 degrees at max at idle. This processor is made for overclocking. I think u should apply Arctic Thermal Paste and then reinstall the fan. It should help.

moshel

Padawan
u saying ur fan is running @ 1600 - 1800 rpm!!!! i dont know if this is normal or not but my CPU fan runs at 2600-2800 rpm.

OP
Fahd.Malik

Fahd.Malik

Broken In
Thanks a lot guys for helping me out
used some local thermal paste , costed me 30 bucks for .5 grams, and its been an hour now and the system is Idling at 38C and max at 55C on load.!
phew, didn't knew paste mattered so much....

thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom