Status
Not open for further replies.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
thanx hellgate.does it make any difference in performance

also biggest question of em all,which MoBo to go for?(~2.5k)?

u wont feel any diff in normal day to day tasks but more of L2 surely helps in gaming.:)

for 2.5k the best u can do is Biostar GF7050V-M7.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
that Biostar mobo is pretty good 4 its price.sud do 2.5Ghz with E2160.main prob with mobo is that vcore for procy cannot be inc'd beyond 106%.if u want better oc then go for XFX 630i for 3.2k

OP
neeru_igi

neeru_igi

bow chicka bow wow
i am gonna get a gf card so a pow.ful onboard solution is kinda redundant.arent board without onboard gfx cheaper?lets try some of those!

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
cool.any idea when it'll be released or pricing?
also ,MoBos anyone?

It is expected to launch at Nvidia's launch for GT200 chip and will be available within 15-20 days of launch.
Here is an update.

Dude if u are short on cash then buy AMD setup.

The Intel Dual Core and Core2Duo is efficient series but the moment u overclock ur processor, it will become power hungry beast.

AMD processors runs great on stock and pretty good with gaming and the best part is, that they give u the better motherboard(780G) than Intel setup for lesser price.

Last edited:
that Biostar mobo is pretty good 4 its price.sud do 2.5Ghz with E2160.main prob with mobo is that vcore for procy cannot be inc'd beyond 106%.if u want better oc then go for XFX 630i for 3.2k
2.5 ! bad. stock ? must be effortless, as 2160 gets angry only at 3.0
630i not an option for 5k budget
theitwares.com lists that biostar at 2.2k
looks really really really attractive
and then jetway 690G + 4000+ ka max performance ?
does it support dual channel ?
is ddr2 800 supported ?
at same clock, core2 >>> athlon
so a5k(codename 4 best amd setup at 5k) needs to do 3 I suppose, to bEat i5k(codename 4 best intel setup at 5k)

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Thise 610I, 630i chipsets doesn't sport Dual Channel RAM, the only -ive part. Otherwise they are almost as good as 690G, may be better.

^^^ even then mem performance is better than G945 chipset mobos which do support dual channel.
what about my other questions ?
what clock can amd 4000+ do on jetway 690G ?
and will that, combined with DDR2 800 Dual Channel 1 GB RAM beat the performance of E2140 OCed to 2.5GHz in biostar 610i stock with 1GB DDR2 800 RAM ?

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
i think that the Biostar + E2160 will be a better combo cuz when oc'd the performanmce gains from C2Ds r gr8.with luck if u get a good chip then maybe u can touch 3Ghz with that Biostar mobo.
i've used that Biostar mobo with my E8400/E2160/E4500 and i did like the performance dished out for that price range.

i think that the Biostar + E2160 will be a better combo cuz when oc'd the performanmce gains from C2Ds r gr8.with luck if u get a good chip then maybe u can touch 3Ghz with that Biostar mobo.
i've used that Biostar mobo with my E8400/E2160/E4500 and i did like the performance dished out for that price range.
but wasn't there a limit to clock speed you told about ?
and what IS the performance difference ?
I heard amd is cooler, so more OCable.
what about geforce 7050 vs radeon 1250 performance difference ?
does 610i support 800mhz ram ?

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
there a limit to the max vcore value,so if u get a good chip then u'll need lesser vcore headroom to oc further.
amd may run cooler but cant compete with C2Ds when it comes to oc'ing.
yes mobo supports 800MHz.

OP
neeru_igi

neeru_igi

bow chicka bow wow
oh boy!now i'm supremely confused to the max.

the 9500gt kicks 8600 butt but aint expected till a while.so now i'm thinking go for 8400gs+good proccy(main job is gaming....still)and get a better card later (better than 9500 maybe)

also, which biostar are you talking about?
how much performance increase does dual channel bring?
oh yeah and how many watts pow supply if i OC?(i'm in malappuram kerala so dont expect any VIPs or Cooler masters)

thnx again to all for your patience.

t3chg33k

Broken In
2140 has a 8x multiplier
2160 has a 9x multiplier
2180 has a 10x multiplier

2140 is going to hit the FSB wall even before you get it to 2160/2180 OC levels.
2180 and 2160 will not give you much of a difference as far as the upper OC limit is concerned. However the 2180 will ensure better stability at the same clock speed, say 3.4GHz. Therefore it is better to go for the 2180 if you don't mind the 0.6k, otherwise settle for the 2160 if you are going to keep it at, say 3-3.2 Ghz.
Frankly don't go for the 4xxx series for a budget PC as it doesn't make sense.

OP
neeru_igi

neeru_igi

bow chicka bow wow
okay the ultimatum has fallen.plan A (post 55) has been officially eliminated.
folks wont let me buy a better gfx card later so i'll have to make a one time decision now("or wait another 5 years for an upgrade...")

so heres the deal.plz provide a good gfx-procc-mobo combo for gaming in 10k/-
(dont care if its a comparable AM2 if it fits in 10k/-)

also where can i find realworld AM2 vs c2d benchmarks for video encoding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom