E-mail evidence fetches out five years conspiracy of ATI and NVIDIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow2get

In the zone
Source

The class action against AMD and NVIDIA has lasted for half year since Nov. 8th last year. Now a piece of e-mail pushes it forward again.
U.S. District Judge William Alsup of the Northern District of California received a piece of e-mail that contains correspondence between Nvidia senior vice president of marketing, Dan Vivoli and ATI’s president and chief operating officer, Dave Orton. Vivoli wrote, “I really think we should work harder together on the marketing front. As you and I have talked about, even though we are competitors, we have the common goal of making our category a well positioned, respected playing field. $5 and $8 stocks are a result of no respect.” “That’s not good for the defense,” said Alsup after reading the e-mail aloud in the courtroom. “A jury would like to see this,” he said.

“This is not a bad document for you. It is not a home run but it is a base hit.” Alsup said. And he continute berating the defense lawyers for their trade secrets claim “This court is not a wholly-owned subsidiary of your companies. I am against you hiding information from the public. If we get to summary judgment in this case nothing will be under seal,” he said.
The ascusation started in Nov. 8th last year, A PDF available for us unveils the former ATI and NVIDIA indulged in conspiracy to mutually benefit from staged competition since Dec. 4th 2002. AMD also took part in the conspiracy since its acquisition of ATI on October 25th 2006.
*en.expreview.com/img/2008/07/18/charge_1.jpg​
Price spread during the two period
*en.expreview.com/img/2008/07/18/charge_0.jpg​
Price spread during the two period
*en.expreview.com/img/2008/07/18/charge_3.jpg​
announcing date spread during the two period
*en.expreview.com/img/2008/07/18/charge_2.jpg​
announcing date spread during the two period
Note:
Pre-Conspiracy Period refer the period before Dec. 4th 2002 when the two hadn’t conspired, and Conspiracy Periodrefer the period from Dec. 4th 2002 until resent.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
^^ lol :)

They are both collaborators and competitors... weird. Nevertheless, its us customers who lose out in the end. I'm going back to my 810E motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom