DVD writing speed is too slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunielbelal

Broken In
hellow dear

this is my big problem that my laptop get too much time in writing DVD or CD or at the time coping CD or DVD
it take 1.3 hr to writing a DVD
plz help me how can i slov it

mrintech

Technomancer
Clear the Lens by means of Lens Cleaner. Also if this option doesn't help go for it's repair/lens replacement ;)

Dr.tweaker

Journeyman
probably your writer is set on PIO mode,right click on my comp>> manage>>device manager>>ide ata atapi controllers>>primary ide channel>>advanced settings tab (your drive will be listed there, if it shows PIO mode as current transfer mode,delete the primary channel and restart windows,and your drive will be restored with new drivers with the proper mode(DMA,cyrrent transfer mode as ultra DMA 4,or 5)

@mrintech Tumi ki bangali? :)

Raccoon

Journeyman
Most likely its stuck in PIO mode. But no need to del the channel on which its installed as the 1st thing. See if you can choose DMA from the drop down menu 1st. Make sure it actually stays there, btw.

Check whats the optimal DMA mode for your drive. It will probably be mode 4.

Dr.tweaker

Journeyman
@racoon sometimes it wont offer an option to change mode to DMA,only PIO will be available,so if thats the case then no option but to delete and reinstall channel.

P

paroh

Try to re-detect the DMA

Re-enable DMA using the Registry Editor

Run REGEDIT. Go to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E96A-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

It has subkeys like 0000, 0001, 0002, etc. Normally 0001 is the primary IDE channel, 0002 the secondary, but other numbers can occur under certain circumstances. Check the DriverDesc value to see which one it is.

Delete MasterIdDataChecksum or SlaveIdDataChecksum, depending on whether the device in question is attached as master or slave, but it can't actually hurt to delete both. Reboot. The drive DMA capabilities will be re-detected.

Open Device Manager again and check whether the device is now actually using DMA mode. If so, congratulations, you've made it (at least until the next time Windows disables DMA

Note
As i delete both MasterIdDataChecksum and SlaveIdDataChecksum, and restart the PC to re-detect the DMA capability of the disk and it work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom