DVD writers Lets discuss them in details

Status
Not open for further replies.

nisarg16

Right off the assembly line
Hey i thought with market flooding with Dvd writers and Of course Digit provides A dvd every month so i guess its a worthwhile thing to start.
so come friends post in.[/quote]

OP
N

nisarg16

Right off the assembly line
Tell Me something about the Lite ON dvd writers.
Are they reliable. is there anything better around at same cost.

theraven

Technomancer
i think the liteons are the best
for how dvd writers work
visit *www.howstuffworks.com
the DL dvd writer prices have fallen .. now u can get one for as low as 7k
dunno abt liteon yet tho ...
but i would pick it off blindly

godzi_85

In the zone
ya me looking for a new dvd-writer+ HDD...
hey you sure DL drives come for aroun7k?? what`s the writing speed they offer???

theraven

Technomancer
8x max ... as of what ive heard
im not sure if the 16x's are out yet ... ill have to check ..
yeah im sure .. my computer guy told me ... it fell 2k in less than a month .. i was in awe ...
i still dunno which company tho

AlienTech

In the zone
There is nothing to discuss, If you want a writer that works, Get a Pioneer.. Next best choice is NEC. Anything else and you are really looking for some major pain. Pioneer A108-16X now going for rs7500.. Plextor 12X is not bad but not as good either for around rs 7000.

AlienTech

In the zone
godzi_85 said:
ya me looking for a new dvd-writer+ HDD...
hey you sure DL drives come for aroun7k?? what`s the writing speed they offer???

DL Media costs $15 so it will be over rs 1000 EACH DISK. Max speed is 5x from NEC, media is still 2.4x... ALL DVD writers can be converted to DL writing, its just that some companies want to charge you extra to give you the firmware. The DVD standard is specific in reading and writing using polarized laser beams to access layers.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Alientech is right abt NEC and Pioneer, NEC have some gr8 drives @ gr8 prices. If i remember correctly they were among the firsts to come out with a DL layered writer. I am reserving my money for a DVD-R DL writer to come out.

theraven

Technomancer
normal dvd media is rs 120 for brands like samsung
expect DL media to be anything above 500 bucks ...
DL will probably become norm
u write 2ce as much data as normal dvd's ( DVD-5)
there is dual SIDED dvd's which have same capacity as DL (DVD-9) media ... but as the name suggests ... its dual sided and a pain ..
so rather DL dun u think ? ;)
thats y most ppl in this forum ... or else ... are waiting for DL writers to be more freely available and cheaper too ofcourse
and the process has already begun

I am waitng for the Blue Laser DVD writers.... follow link....

*www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/ptech/03/04/blue.dvd.reut/

at the moment 23gb for $3,800 :shock: I will wait for these prices to be what we pay for our 52x CD writers today. LOOOOONG WAIT :D

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
theraven said:
@blade
for dvd-r DL writers to COME OUT ??
what are the DL ones available now then ???

The DL writers available right now are DVD+R dual layered ones and they manage to write @ 2.5x sumthng max. Plus DL media isnt avilable and even single layered media isnt that cheap. Unless the dvd forum does sumthng abt it, the dvd-r dl format will be overtaken by dvd+r format in sales and popularity.

plasmafire

Journeyman
wait thatz wat pp told me.. dvd r's r too costly..no such s/w, game, movie r there that needs a DVD..i.e >12 cds.. the price is going 2 be 3-4k 4 a dual layered DVD-writer-16or24x, media = rs 30-35..
blue rays r not expected anytime soon..

theraven

Technomancer
dude that way talkin abt the future .. prices will drop even further than that ;)
anyways ... ut 2004 ... 6 cd's
fits on on DVD exactly ... although a 4.7 gb one ( DVD-5)
but wait for another yr or 2 ( till game developers get enuff time to develop a new game )
the next wave is gonna be on DL media ...
it just increases exponentially man
anyways for now .. DL is good for those multi movie compilations ...
i should know i need one !!
thanx @blade again for the update !

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Yo ppl u r forgetting sumthing what abt the softwares is it gonna be Nero again or something else

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Yep blu ray burners r out, but they are damn costly and dont justify the price. Unless the blu ray grp has some trick up their sleeves i dont why they are gonna b adopted. The DVD forum already has an answer for the Blu ray and that is HD-DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom