DVD Writer & RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

vineetrocks2005

In the zone
I have an old Compaq Presario Desktop PC with Abit BD-70G & Intel 845G with 128 MB DDR SDRAM working at 266MHz.I want to buy a new a 512MB RAM.Which type of RAM should i buy so that it doesn't conflict with my existing RAM.Please give me some details about the best DVD Writer that is available in the market.

Thank You

The best thing you could do i find out which company's ram you are already using, and then go for the kill, but then however it really doesn't matter which one you chose. Just select the right speed and get that.
As far the writers are concered you can for the LG version or the latest one is from Samsung "octo edge". There's also versions of "Lite On" from "Lite Scribe" that allow you too print labels on your DVD's, but one sucker there, its only for the lite scribe dvd's. Man the best go for you is to go for the same speed RAM you already have and a samsung "octo edge". Burn'em hard.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Go for a good brand RAM, also choose the same speed as yours. That's very important!!
As far as DVD Writer is concerned, go for Sony DRU-820A. It's the best one. Don't
buy SamSung drives (real troubles!!).

ayush_chh

Ambassador of Buzz
i too was using a 128 mb Ram and then added 512mbs to it(both at 266MHz and same brand)only to find out that its a house of problems....the best u can do is take a 512mb ram at 333Mz if ur mobo supports. single mod is always better.....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom