dvd writer problem.post your valuable suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quan chi

mortal kombat
greetings friends.well i have samsung dvd writer.for many months it worked fine.but now recently it is showing some problems.
1.it refuses to open up on single click or by pressing the button once.the tray wont budge until i try hundreds of times.

well if i keep any cd or dvd inside it then it opens up easily.i mean if it is closed blank then it becomes very hard to reopen it..

2.earlier it used to install softwares and games easily from chip dvds.but now it easily installs games and softwares from any game dvd or cds.but if i try from the chip dvd.the installation starts and then after sometime i get message there is no disc in drive d.
very often the above mentioned problem shows up whenever i use the chip dvd.

please help.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
get that drive replaced . just to rule out spyware , do a format and re-install OS and try . if problem persists get it replaced..

slugger

Banned
@quan chi
if it dosnt open up soon and u in hurry, just insert a pin thru d hole provided on d bazel and give it a slight push, it shud open
it appears dat ur drive is facin malfunction of its mechanical mechanisms

sagargv said:
just to rule out spyware , do a format and re-install OS and try . if problem persists get it replaced..

and i thot dat SPYBOT was ment 4 removin such vermins outta d system

THANX 4 d enlightening discourse

OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat
well if its a problem of spyware then which spyware remover i should use.please do mention.
it is only 1 year old.

slugger

Banned
Spybot Search and Destroy

but seriously doubt dat it being caused by spyware [or other such malicious codes]

Samsung drives r known 2 have qlty-issues wit der drives

d problem u mentioned was very similar 2 wat i was facin wit my 8 yr old drive [26X] 4 sum 6 months. usin d pin kept openin my drive tray, so never bothered 2 take it service guy ;) [chucked it l8r]

but sinc urs is just under 1 yr old u may want 2 take it 2 an Authorized Service Center 2 get it checked

..:: Free Radical ::..

The Transcendental
haha, no spyware problem buddy.
I am facing the same problem of tray not opening with my old LG cd writer until i smack it hard.
Poor thing is just old, and if it is a samsung, it is probably moribund.
Just remember to use the eject button to close the tray on all your drives and never push / force open the trays.
With time, almost all drives develop mechanical problems. Someone suggested that appling a little vaseline to the borders of the tray reduces some friction and helps with the opening, though i wont recommend it. If your device is out of warranty, go to some computer repair shop and get the spring mechanism replaced.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom