dvd writer cannot play audio video dvd

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenaguru

Broken In
My asus dvd dual layer writer (DRW 1608 P3S) cannot play audio and video dvd even cannot recognize it. What may be the cause and solution? Please respond quick.

Thanks all. jenaguru.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
If its a new one please get it replaced. My experience with DVD writers hasn't been as good as cd writers. I just returned my Sony DRU-170C. It wasn't reading half my DVDs (Data DVDs) which used to open in other drives including Samsung drives! If its new and under warranty, let the company do the lens cleaning or whatever, don't fiddle with it

OP
J

jenaguru

Broken In
problem is strange than u think. it is reading data dvd perfectly, but not audio and video dvd.

any more suggestion than getting it replaced?

thanks.

sashijoseph

In the zone
Hi,
What format (video) discs does it reject....pressed dvd-rom,DVD+R,DL etc or all of them?Maybe it dislikes a particular disc format,say DVD+R.
Also try different brands.
Try video discs with diff. formats,or burn one and see.
Also look for a recent firmware.
If all else fails,open it and clean the lens with a soft clean moist cloth.
Finally dump it and get a new one.

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Burn a Disc urself and see if it runs. Maybe those you are trying are of diiferent kind. They may be DVD-RAM.

OP
J

jenaguru

Broken In
I tried with a rented video dvd, so dont know which format ( -R or +R etc.)
Audio dvd i tried with both -R and +R and I burned it myself by that writer perfectly. Lens is cleaned. I am puzzled.

thanks again.

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
If u want to see that video only then i can give u temporary sol.
forget about anything. just open Nero Vision Express (if u have installed nero entire bundle) all programs->Nero Ultra->Photo and Video->Nero Vision Express.
Then select create VCD or DVD or any other format. insert ur Video disk. then select import disk (or video i donno exactly) select ur drive. Nero vision will detect that video files. select all chapters (or titles). select location to save. n ok. it will save in .mpg format automatically. then copy that entire saved folder to other drive or to other folder (bcoz when u exit temp files will be deleted). close nero. now u can open through wmp or any player.
Just try. i think it will work.

spyingshadow

Broken In
The problem can also be caused if u hv installed InCD by Nero. Once i had instaalled it n my DVDs in UDF format refused to run, including my movies n all. Just check if that's the case..... (PS I"M FRESH STOCK)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom