DVD won't play

akshat2112

Ready to help
I bought the DVD of Life of Pi recently, but when I put it in the laptop, it simply won't play. I've tried running it on another laptop with the same results. One has windows 7 and the other vista. On both, the cursor just keeps on refreshing for a while with the "reading DVD" symbol, and then simply stops.
Even if I try to open the e:/ drive, it ejects with the message to insert a disc.

So my question is, is it a problem with the DVD itself or maybe the DVD is copy protected so it won't run except on a DVD player? Or some other issue entirely?

P.S. The digit DVDS run smoothly.

OP
A

akshat2112

Ready to help
No no, its a genuine original DVD. I bought it from crossword.
I can have it replaced, its still under their 30 day replacement scheme, but I want to make sure that its really a problem with the DVD

Cheat you'r dvd drive's region. If that does not work, then insert the dvd, make an image of the disk (from nero, imgburn, etc) and try to play it from the created image.

Cheat you'r dvd drive's region. If that does not work, then insert the dvd, make an image of the disk (from nero, imgburn, etc) and try to play it from the created image.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@OP: first check it in a DVD Player..if its is working there then its DVD region issue with DVD ROM in PC...

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Could be a problem if you ordered your DVD-Rom (or laptop) from abroad.

Try ripping it and then view it.

OP
A

akshat2112

Ready to help

The problem is that the laptop is NOT reading the disc. I can't create an image, it just says no disc inserted after a while.

And the region is not the problem. I checked.
Also, both the laptops and the disc are Indian, I didn't buy them from abroad.
I gave the DVD to someone else and it works on his desktop perfectly.

Pritish.Prayag

Right off the assembly line
Yeah, the disc is faulty. Considering the above discussion and your confession that your's is an genuine DVD. The disc is faulty. :razz:

Top Bottom