DVD Drive not detected until cable not re-plugged.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
My DVD Drive(of sony) is not detected by the computer unless I take the cable out and insert it again.

Earlier, it was working very well. But, after 2-3 days from receiving of computer, the DVD drive was not detected. However, restarting the PC resolved this. 1-2 weeks later, this repeated but restarting didn't helped. So, I shut down my PC and unplugged the SATA cable of DVD drive and inserted it again, thinking that maybe its loose. This worked, but now after every reboot its not detected, and I cannot replug the cable before starting PC everytime. Please help me with a permanent solution(not the one like my current one :))).

Thanks.

MAK5577

Broken In
Hi its mak here as per my opinion the sata cable or the cable port has some problem may be the pins got lose or got bent try connecting the port i another slot or mayb its due to some dust deposited on the iner port of the slots or the port clean it with a tape recorder cleaner liquid hope this will solve it................:)

OP
Nipun

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
AROUND 500K:p

J/k...
About 25 bucks
Thanks. Will try to get the cable tomorrow and I will tell if problem is not solved.... :) :)

AROUND 500K:p

J/k...
About 25 bucks
Woohoo!
I got the new cable and used it. Now its working very well!! Thanks :) :)

BTW I had some problems, I was unable to remove the previous SATA cable from motherboard, so I had to place the new cable in 3rd SATA slot, and now I cant even remove that. Is there some special way to remove it? :p
And I also noticed that 3 out of total 6 SATA slots are not usable due to GFX card T_T

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
Thanks. Will try to get the cable tomorrow and I will tell if problem is not solved.... :) :)

Woohoo!
I got the new cable and used it. Now its working very well!! Thanks :) :)

BTW I had some problems, I was unable to remove the previous SATA cable from motherboard, so I had to place the new cable in 3rd SATA slot, and now I cant even remove that. Is there some special way to remove it? :p
And I also noticed that 3 out of total 6 SATA slots are not usable due to GFX card T_T

some pics plz....

OP
Nipun

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
some pics plz....
Sorry I had no idea that what part of it is to be clicked, so I took these pics. Tell me if you need some different :???:

(These are links to pics as otherwise the topic would get too heavy in size)
*i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc401/NipunArora/016.jpg
*i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc401/NipunArora/014.jpg
*i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc401/NipunArora/020.jpg

Top Bottom