during playing games on laptops which is more important processor or gpu

Status
Not open for further replies.

KARIZMA

Broken In
Hi
I just wanted to know whether processor or gpu is more important than the other during playing games on laptops.
If I opt a 2nd gen core i3 with 1gb nvidia 540m gpu will it able to run call of duty modern warfare3 smoothly ?
since i3 didn't have turboboost ,is this will affect playing games on laptpps like cod mw3 on laptops heavily or lightly.
if I opt for core i5 certainly I will be able to play cods mw3 smoothly but during playing games at medium settings will I able to utilise full power of c i5?
please reply soon

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-n...cs-card-does-processor-matter-lot-gaming.html

We encourage the search function on forum :).

OP
K

KARIZMA

Broken In
@dashing.sujay I had already. Read that thread before it is about core i5,7 not i3 (of whiich I am talking about) and also gpu is 630m not 540m( of. Which ia m talking about)
please read the question carefully before posting and replysoon
Thank u

ParaXite

Power User
@dashing.sujay I had already. Read that thread before it is about core i5,7 not i3 (of whiich I am talking about) and also gpu is 630m not 540m( of. Which ia m talking about)
please read the question carefully before posting and replysoon
Thank u

Can't you compare and read that thread? Sujay already talked about balancing your CPU and GPU there.

To answer your question: Most games today use the GPU so the CPU will not bottleneck your gaming performance. For gaming the GPU is important. For older games an i3 will suffice but for newer games and games that will release 3 years in the future you should invest in an i5 atleast and go for the best GPU available on an i5 based laptop. (i5 with 630M is a good combination in this Asus laptop.)

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Closing.

Properly answered in this thread and properly answered a lot of times before.

GT 540M and GT 630M are the same GPU. They perform pretty much same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom