Status
Not open for further replies.

punk

Beyond the call of duty
Hi All
An important piece of information,what is surprising is that

both the sites have secured SSL from Verisign !!!! :-x

beware !!

This is one of the worst phishing scam ever seen.
Here are the both the URLs, they are same, except there is a space (%20) at the end of the phishing URL.

The wrong one

*infinity.icicibank.co.in/BANKAWAY?Action.RetUser.Init.001=Y&AppSignonBankId=ICI&AppType=corporate&abrdPrf=N%20

Actual ICICI Site

*infinity.icicibank.co.in/BANKAWAY?Action.RetUser.Init.001=Y&AppSignonBankId=ICI&AppType=corporate&abrdPrf=N

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
ICICI is the worst bank of india and THEY ARE THE GREATEST ROBBERS :mad:(ONLY NEXT TO POLITICIANS).

i wonder if that phising site is created by ICICI itself

but the sites are very very similar :shock::shock::shock:

and wat the hell is ICICI doing

Last edited:

amol48

Searching...
A fake page indeed... it's so simple !! Why a bank has to be blamed always.. jus few changes and voila.. !! moreover that person forgot that these days you need to enter grid numbers before completing any transaction online... without which there;s no use of login pass and transaction pass... !!

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Smart users and noobs who read the documents can get to know there itself as a transaction id is never needed for logon.

@Vexbyte
Nice expansion

tuxfan

Technomancer
First site is
*infinity.icicibank.co.in

Second site is
*infinity.icicibank.co.in

What makes people say that the first site is duplicate? In any case we visit the main site and just go to a different link on the same site!! Unless the duplicator has access to ICICI hosting server (or has hacked it without ICICI's knowledge) both links are genuine. And if we assume that hosting server was hacked only a stupid hacker will depart after just putting in a fake page.

Secondly, both the site open https pages i.e. secure pages i.e. SSL are installed. Click on the lock that appears and it will give info about SSL certificate.

Third, both links open some page on the same IP, so it is the same server.

Both the links are genuine in my opinion.

busyanuj

In the zone
punk said:
The wrong one
*infinity.icicibank.co.in/BANKAWAY?Action.RetUser.Init.001=Y&AppSignonBankId=ICI&AppType=corporate&abrdPrf=N%20

Actual ICICI Site

*infinity.icicibank.co.in/BANKAWAY?Action.RetUser.Init.001=Y&AppSignonBankId=ICI&AppType=corporate&abrdPrf=N

[/I][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]

they're the same!

both the links are on the same server. i agree with tuxfan. both the links are valid.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Both are same links .. In fact the author has linked to his webmail as the URL ..

If I click on the first link (ie copy the link that he's written) and open it , I get this :

*img37.picoodle.com/img/img37/9/9/12/t_infinitym_de9eab2.jpg

Which is a standard Finacle error message ..

And btw .. The screenshot that the author has posted have different urls : Notice the fake website have this URL :

*www.icici-infinitysupport.com/

The screenshot is not clear but thats how it looks ..

So stop bashing poor ICICI for someone else's fud ..

tuxfan

Technomancer
it_waaznt_me said:
So stop bashing poor ICICI for someone else's fud ..

:lol: I beg to differ. ICICI is in no way "poor". They have had their share of goof ups and they continue to be the leader in that respect too. They have gained such a reputation over a period of time that for smallest of thing, the first assumtion is that it must be ICICI's fault!! :D :twisted:

praka123

left this forum longback
^ICICI does not care for farmer,country men-they expect corporates,Employees esp IT sector.
State Bank of India is the friendliest for a normal people(not like u tech-savvy or techy guys/gals).So my account is with SBI & its local one-State Bank of Travancore.even federal bank is fine-for people like me who are unemployed and lives dependent on agriculture.we,poor farmers in countryside are ignored by the "new generation banks" :cry: :x

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
I really doubt if people who bash ICICI visited Public Sector Banks before ICICI really came into play,like SBI or other co-operative banks.
It used to take me 2 Hrs to deposit the Cash and 4 Hrs to withdraw it.Forget of even discussing outstation cheques.
ICICI has changed the way we bank and has made other banks competitive as well.
Let not be sissy and give credit where it is due.
If someone makes a phishining site ,its Hardly ICICI's fault.And then ,they have even blocked the fake site.

tuxfan

Technomancer
entrana said:
wow, my zone alarm even detected it as a phising site
:lol: So you now know what to do next time ZoneAlarm gives you a phishing alert! Take it very lightly, if not outright ignore it. :rolleyes:

entrana said:
this is what happens if u trust online banking
Nah! Online banking is pretty safe if you keep using your common sense! Some days back I received an email that had paypal logo and everything in place. It told me to click on a link which opened a page that looked exactly like paypal pages. But the link pointed to *www.brightweekcards.com/phpSecurePages/www.PayPal.com-Update-Account-Notification.php :lol: Can you see brightweekcards.com? It isn't paypal. Plain common sense reveals the beans! Don't trust a link that has a different domain name or an IP address. If there are things that are too important, the company will surely provide some link on its site. Follow that link.

fun2sh said:
i wonder if that phising site is created by ICICI itself
:lol: Do you think ICICI needs to create a phishing site to get user data? It's already there in its database ready for use (and misuse).

praka123 said:
very misleading for a novice online users.
And punk, who started this thread, mislead quite a few into believing that it was a phishing site. :D :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom