Dungeon Siege III Discussion Thread

Dungeon Siege III

*img109.imageshack.us/img109/3553/17049.jpg​

Description:
The game will be returning to the Kingdom of Ehb and focus on the 10th Legion. The legionnaires protected Ehb during the War of Legions and at the end of the war, the commanders of the 10th Legion established a new and independent kingdom of Ehb. The Legion continued to provide stability and protection while the ruler-ship of the kingdom was left to the monarchy.

The Legion became powerful with its influence matching the monarchy. Thirty years ago, the Ehb's king was murdered and the blame was cast upon the Legion. Led by Jeyne Kassynder, the people rose up and the 10th Legion is on the verge of being wiped out.

With the fall of the Legion, the kingdom has broken into smaller states, with Jeyne Kassynder controlling the Church and eastern Ehb. The monarchs have retreated to the mountain of Glitterdelve.

Only a few groups of the Legion descendants managed to survive as most of them were hunted down and slain by Jeyne Kassynde - while others fell victim to the mobs. One of the groups that managed to survive is led by Venerable Odo - believed to be the last surviving legionnaire.

Odo initiated a gathering and asked all the Legion descendants to assemble in northern Ehb, in an attempt to rebuild the Legion and take back their kingdom from Jeyne Kassynder.

Developer: Obsidian Entertainment
Publisher: Square Enix
Engine: Onyx (proprietary)
Platforms: [PS3] [X360] [PC]
Release Date: 21 June [EU]
Genre : Action/Hack-n-slash, RPG.

Trailer:
[YOUTUBE]Q_yyg0WCnTw[/YOUTUBE]

Well, its not a popular franchise AKAICT, but the hack-n-slash thingy got me interested. We don't get too many of these in PC. :p

Tachyon1986

In the zone
I have played Dungeon Siege 2 , it was good for the first 5-6 hours then the hack n' slash gameplay got too boring. I played till you got to the Elven village (don't really remember , Dryad Village -> Desert->Elven town?). I remember a fight with some hydra (3 or was it 4 headed snake)?

@Gameranand,

It plays just like Diablo , typical hack n'slash . You can recruit party members and also a pet whose stats will change depending on what you feed it.

You do have the standard RPG elements of leveling up , adding more points to your skills e.t.c . Like I said , its a D2 clone with better inventory management, updated graphics and pets.

.=Pyro=.

Burning in the skies
the game is a HacknSlash and RPG hybrid. Yeah, you can buy a pet to carry stuff (the pet is donkey!). You get party members too and you can control them too (if i remember correctly) i didn't find it boring , maybe thats because i played it a long time ago when i hadn't played many games. but it was addictive. You should try it.

gameranand

Living to Play
And what if my pet dies in the fight????? I mean in DAO you just have to purchase those backpacks. If I can control party members too then its gonna be cool because I love to make my own strategy rather than playing with AI.

.=Pyro=.

Burning in the skies
^^
i don't remember if your donkey can die or not but i am pretty sure that you can control your party members(actually i am not sure).
I should play it again, i just have to find out the disk :)
{after 5 minutes actually}
lol, found it. it is right here. i'll play it again :D

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Actually, the pack mule isn't your only pet. I had a wolf as a pet. In fact, I looked it up again just now, here's the list:

Note : All pets have some special abilities when fully grown , as listed below :

Pack mule (instantly open any chests and smash any barrels within 4 meters, useful to reveal hidden chests. Pack mule also helps you store more loot as it matures.)
Scorpion Queen (20% dodge resistance)
Ice Elemental (40% ice resistance, mana regen rate 150%)
Dire Wolf (reflects 60% of damage to party)
Dark Naiad (constantly heals the party)
Fire elemental (40% fire resistance and +8% magic damage)
Necrolithid (all party members a 10% mana steal on all their attacks)
Lap Dragon (gives a generous dexterity boost, and a smaller boost to intelligence and strength.)
Mythrilhorn (gives a nice, simple 12% boost to your parties armour.)
Light Naiad (same as Dark Naiad with better healing and elemental resistance)

@GamerAnand,

Yes, you can control AI members as well. When you switch to an AI member , your old character gets taken over by the AI . It was pretty awesome to see the AI crowd-control mobs with my player created Archer.

Also, you do have limited control over how your party attacks :

1)Rampage : In this mode, all the AI controlled members choose their own targets.
2)Mirror : You'll want to use this mode a lot , here the AI members only attack your target and move where you move.
3)Hold Ground: If you want everyone in your party to hold their positions, you can do so with this command. Helpful if you want to go ahead alone and kite some mobs back to your party.

4)Formation Rank determines where in the formation each party member will stand. You can change this (useful if you want to place healers at the rear) and also expand & contract the formation.

Regarding your question about deaths in Dungeon Siege 2 (including pets) :

If a character is hit hard enough by an enemy, or if an enemy is persistent in attacking an unconscious character, the character may eventually be killed. Once death occurs, the character can no longer be healed and must be resurrected by another character or by a special NPC in town.

If the entire party is slain, the party may choose to continue by respawning back in town without their equipment. Their equipment is left on their corpses. The party must then find a way to retrieve its fallen equipment, either by venturing back to the characters' corpses or by having them summoned to town by an NPC for a monetary charge.

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
Wow. Thanks Tachyon1986 for the info.
Looks like my type of deal. Now I am really looking forward to this game.

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Wow. Thanks Tachyon1986 for the info.
Looks like my type of deal. Now I am really looking forward to this game.

Believe me , even though I found DS2 boring after a while , it was purely due to the constant clicking I had to do (since I'm a FPS sort of guy, I prefer games with a little bit of skill involved in combat , like Mount and Blade) . But DS2's game mechanics were definitely great , as I've posted above.

I wonder what'll be new in DS3 , it just looks like DS2 with an updated graphics engine.

gameranand

Living to Play
Tachyon1986 said:
I wonder what'll be new in DS3 , it just looks like DS2 with an updated graphics engine.
Well I guess its bound to have something new because developers can't just give us the same product. I guess the combat will be more interacting and of course some new skills and nice party members and most importantly a good story. If thats what they would give then what else we require.

gameranand

Living to Play
JojoTheDragon said:
This looks more hack-n-slash than point and click, doesn't it ?
Well you can say hack n slash by point and clicking. But yes you are right fight sequence are more of hack n slash.

Top Bottom