Status
Not open for further replies.

indro

In the zone
*www.hkepc.com/bbs/attachment.php?aid=210666&noupdate=yes

DUAL GEFORCE 6600 GT PICTURED [/url]

mohit

The Hardware Labs
hey that looks like an awesome card ... do u have the specs n pricing and ya when will it be available in india ?

OP
I

indro

In the zone
*www.hkepc.com/bbs/attachment.php?aid=210666&noupdate=yes

i think the image does not work directly, well , anyways :)

But this beast is not available in India :( , well i dont know how the dual gpu instructions are handled , but if its like any other dual gpu ,there are only a few games like DOOM3 which will benift from it .

Here is something which could have been a flashback for history of Video cards , well , its Vodoo 5 6000 cards ,

Here is a 1999 add from 3dfx ,

*www.x86-secret.com/pics/divers/v56k/histo/1999/commerce.jpg

Here is the actual card -

*www.x86-secret.com/pics/divers/v56k/voodoo5-6000.jpg

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
dinesh_singh said:
two dual 6600 on a8n sli delux???
will they work???

Sorry but NO,
As mentioned above by indro, hardly any game will take advantage of it ("Dual" thing) and that to in SLI mode, I dont think so...
And any ways which game do you want to play with it ???
I mean Dual 6600 is enough to play any of the current game i Think !!! :wink:

mamba

In the zone
cant c which 1 is it , but a while back there was a limited edition dual 6600gt gpu frm gigabyte 2

krishnathelord

In the zone
this rigs are made for future

how would have emagined that 6800 ultra will be used or doom will be there

but are there

so will be sli

as the harware tecnology grows the need for them grows

look at the past there were 4 mb HDD and now we are talking tetrabyte

it grows gradually

pls mention the source

as of i remember it is from X-BIT labs

OP
I

indro

In the zone
Hey , did anyone of you people see the 3dfx pictures ? I dont see anyone talking about the monster of the year 2000 ,

Well , Uhmm , Anyways !

rohanbee

Padawan
True the Geforce 6800ultra would be very powerfull. I know this guy in the Us who has two of those attached. Wonder what he needs them for. Asked him for a picture of his rig, which i will post here as soon as i receive it.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Gigabyte 3D1 is not limited edition ... its just that here , back at india ,we get things when they have become old in the other countries ....and since the 3d1 is just launched ..its probably a few more months before it arrives here ..... heres another link .....

*www.guru3d.com/article/Videocards/185/

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
come to think of it .. a 6600GT is quite bottlenecked by its 128bit memory interface .... there isn't going to be much of a difference with two 6600GT with 128bit mem interface at high resolutions of 1280x1024 with 4x aa,8x af ....

Gigabyte has already startesd work on 3d168GT ...thats a dual 6800GT card ....phew !!!!! wait for that one and u'll see the difference ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom