dual core processor???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ritwickgupta

Broken In
wot exactly is a dual core processor n is it really worth going for it????
i also need a comparision like amd single core 3500+ = X%age of amd dual core 3800+
plz help me guyz......think it will help a lot of ppl out here
happy computing

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
A dual-core CPU combines two independent processors and their respective caches and cache controllers onto a single silicon chip, or integrated circuit. IBM's POWER4 was the first microprocessor to incorporate 2-cores on a single die. Various dual-core CPUs are being developed by companies such as Motorola, Intel and AMD.

And yeah it is really worth going for!though they are costly, but the performance gain over the single core chips is awesome.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent

Dual Core Processors are use full for multi tasking.They have 2 cores with 2 caches.Go for an AMD 3800+ dual core processor if you will multi task.Remembe in dual core processors you can open a number of applications at the same time without compromising on the speed.

Kniwor

Learner
ritwickgupta said:
i also need a comparision like amd single core 3500+ = X%age of amd dual core 3800+

this comparison is not probably the best way to do
a 3800+ is basically two 3200+ inside it... so now how will u compare...

for all single threaded apps it will be equal to a 3200+, all benchmarks like super pi etc will give the same results as a 3200+ but it is not the same as a 3200+...
at the same time it has 2 3200+ does not make it doule that

hope u get my point

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Don't og for AMD x2 3800+,I suggest wait for around for 5-10-29 yrs.Then go for the IBM cell processor,well it's not a dual core processor but has only 9 cores...............................................just kiddin!

AMD Athlon X2 3800+ is not a bad deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom