Dual Boot For Linux and Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooldev007

Broken In
I have a 80 GB HD with 4 partitions.And have Win XP Pro with SP2 in it. Recently I installed Xandros OS 3 (OCE). But on Boot up I cud not make choice whether I will Start with Linux or Win XP Pro. My default OS is Win XP Pro. Plz help me to select the dual boot.
:cry:

praka123

left this forum longback
select the OS u use by up or down arrow if u mean that :D OR explain exactly wat do u wan to achieve

praka123

left this forum longback
Is that your keyboard not working/detected?explain in proper what is your problem yaar :x

Satissh S

Youngling
@cooldev007: are you having problems in booting to windows?? is there an entry first, for windows in the list. Xandros should have detected it and included. Plz explain dude, if you want others to help you.
PS: Do you have a USB Keyboard?

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
What I could figure out on the basis of cooldev007's post is:

He had windows XP already installed on his comp and then he installed Xandros OS 3 (OCE).

But Xandros OS didnt install the Boot loader, so he can't select which OS to boot?

And Xandros made XP default, thats why the system is starting XP automatically each time.

@cooldev007

Pls be more clear about ur problem!

Satissh S

Youngling
@vishal: Previously he might have had a single XP Os installed and he is having a usb keyboard. I have heard that it doesn work at boot time and works only aftr drivers are loaded by the Os, Iám not certain. So he may not have been able to select os from his keyboard. It may have been listed. Since he chose WinXp as default it loads as default. It shud have been like that.
@dev : do you have USB keyboard.? :roll:

OP
C

cooldev007

Broken In
Yes friends u r right. At first I have Win XP in My Computer and then I Installed Xandros OS OCE.

Plz note that I made XP my default OS via Xandros. B4 that Xandros was my default OS which was set by Xandros only. But at boot time I cannot select the OS.

Yes, I have a USB Logitech keyboard with all the nessecary drivers installed.

My computer is booting from Linux Boot Manager or something like that. I cannot remember the name. But I am sure that Linux is controlling my first boot step.

:arrow:

Satissh S

Youngling
Thatś the reason, HuH USB Keyboard does not work until their drivers have been loaded. I dunno what to answer. But How are you gonna change the OS.

praka123

left this forum longback
friend,if u got a spare normal keyboard connect it and complete the installation.then in Xandros there may be options to detect USB keyboard.search somewhere like system config/tools...

guys who used Xandros OCE.please tell whether 'modconf' command exists in Xandros?if yes ,cooldev007 can modprobe the USB keyboard modules into the running kernel,after reboot connect Logitech USB keyboard it may be detected 90% :D

otherway is to modprobe modules for ur keyboard for that u need to know the module driver which matched ur USB kbrd.Anyways cooldev007 ,dont remove the OS,we are here to help U,we will help u solve it :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom