DTH customers on long duration packs to get TRAI plans from Dec 29

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Most likely meant for Japanese expats,don't think any non-Japanese will subscribe it here in India(at least not at 1800 price assuming it is not some pricing error).

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
The normal version of the channel is FTA. And when I sort the channels by price it gets sorted as if it was Rs 18.

I didn't know such a channel aired in India. I'm guessing it's only available on Tata Sky.
JIB’s NHK World TV launches on Tata Sky in India

That channel is not available with all dth providers.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
TRAI’s New Rules For Cable And DTH: Why Have Our TV Subscriptions Become More Expensive?

Also check the links posted below this article. Fuddu trai.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
*www.d2h.com/map-web.php
*Network Capacity Fee (NCF)

For the first 100 channels – ₹130 + taxes

For every slab of next 25 channels or less:

• ₹20 + taxes if no. of channels is more than 15
  • ₹1 per channel + taxes for 15 or less channels
Applicable taxes extra. Terms And Conditions apply.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Here's an update, I am speaking for D2h, this pathetic service provider hasn't listed all the channels on its website, not even the free ones, citing website issues from the past one week. Since the channels are not available so we cannot make a pack ourselves. Now they are saying that if a pack is not selected by tomorrow midnight they will auto select random bouquets for us like the whole star pack etc. Basically they want us to pay like 600-700 bucks in a month, 130 network fees+6-7 bouquets+gst. BC trai.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Ok I am selecting the channels right now for my Airtel DTH service. I read here that maximum we need to pay will be 18 per channel but many Star Sony network channels are Rs.22.42. Why?

All of you people have finished selecting it

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
Ok I am selecting the channels right now for my Airtel DTH service. I read here that maximum we need to pay will be 18 per channel but many Star Sony network channels are Rs.22.42. Why?

All of you people have finished selecting it
Yes but they didn't activate my pack yet :(

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Ok I didn't know there will be delays even after the packs are selected.

Airtel is "recommending" me 127 channels in which I don't need 50 channels. This recommended pack cost 550 with tax. This also doesn't have nearly 15 channels I need.

When I chose my own pack with 59 channels, the overall cost displayed was 502+123 for NCF + tax.

I was paying just Rs.350 for all the channels I needed which also included all the HD Sports channels. Sigh...

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Ok I didn't know there will be delays even after the packs are selected.

Airtel is "recommending" me 127 channels in which I don't need 50 channels. This recommended pack cost 550 with tax. This also doesn't have nearly 15 channels I need.

When I chose my own pack with 59 channels, the overall cost displayed was 502+123 for NCF + tax.

I was paying just Rs.350 for all the channels I needed which also included all the HD Sports channels. Sigh...

Sometimes I think these dth and online shopping rules have been implemented just to make way for jio's introduction in these sectors. But hey that's just me.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I selected a package on 31st but d2h did not activate the same rather they have activated a higher end combo pack created by them which costs Rs. 700 per month. Is there any way to complaint about the same to TRAI? Their email support and toll free number are down.
They have activated aajtak channel for Rs. 10 whereas its price is 0.75 on TRAI's website. Maha fuddu TRAI and D2h.

Last edited:

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Yes. Even on Airtel I was seeing high prices compared to TRAI listings. It looks like TRAI doesn't have updated prices of channels.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
So, I lodged a complaint at the consumer forum via pgportal. Some sarkari babu called and said that many other people have complained about it but not enough. I said what if enough people complain, he said that he will then instruct the dth providers to increase validity of the packs equal to the additional balance deducted. The problem is that most people have no idea about it and the others don't know that the service providers have activated the packs as per their wishes.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
So, I lodged a complaint at the consumer forum via pgportal. Some sarkari babu called and said that many other people have complained about it but not enough. I said what if enough people complain, he said that he will then instruct the dth providers to increase validity of the packs equal to the additional balance deducted. The problem is that most people have no idea about it and the others don't know that the service providers have activated the packs as per their wishes.
At least you got a call.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
^^The link needs login.
Quora always give good reads, make an account there.
Check this-
TRAI Expects Channel Prices to Reduce, as it Refutes Report Which Confirms Cable And DTH Bills Have Gone up

"In three months, we expect prices of various channels to go down," says TRAI.

Just like they said after gst prices will come down of various things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom