Downgrade apps

ramussons

Broken In
Hi guys, Is there any way of installing an earlier version of an app in Android?
I have a ASUS Zenfone Pro M1 running Oreo 8.1 and has a default 9.83 version of Google Maps.
I want the Google Map version not later than 9.36, but the apk will not install - "App Not Installed" is the result.
Any way to force this install?
Thanks

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Hi guys, Is there any way of installing an earlier version of an app in Android?
I have a ASUS Zenfone Pro M1 running Oreo 8.1 and has a default 9.83 version of Google Maps.
I want the Google Map version not later than 9.36, but the apk will not install - "App Not Installed" is the result.
Any way to force this install?
Thanks
One option would be to root your phone, remove the app from system and install the version you want.
Other would be to change the apk package name, sign it and then install it along the default app.

OP
R

ramussons

Broken In
Thanks for the suggestion, but No, it just doesn't work. I have tried all tricks - rooting, using the apk editor to change the version; but no, it just wont install.
But, if I load a custom ROM based on Oreo 8.1 - Lineage or Potato, it installs and runs fine. BUT Google will not permit me to Login into my Maps account - thats some new rules they have introduced. I'm unable to access my "Your Places".
The reason that I,m forced to stick to an earlier version of Maps is that versions greater than 9.36 have a serious drawback.

Presume you want to get a Route from A to B. If I want to Choose "Starting Point" or "Destination" from the Map, you get to see a Raw map without any Landmarks, Titles, Road names, Highlighted places....... nothing. You will simply see a churning that normally ends with "No Network". Else it will show you some eating places where the cursor is.

Or is it something fundamentally wrong with my handling it? I have been using maps for more than 10 years!

Any suggestions?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Google (or rather I should say cloud services) keeps changing how things work. Frustrates me too several times.
I don't blame you. Best you can do is to find alternative maps applications like Bing or Apple map. Or learn to live with the flaws (and changes).

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Thanks for the suggestion, but No, it just doesn't work. I have tried all tricks - rooting, using the apk editor to change the version; but no, it just wont install.
But, if I load a custom ROM based on Oreo 8.1 - Lineage or Potato, it installs and runs fine. BUT Google will not permit me to Login into my Maps account - thats some new rules they have introduced. I'm unable to access my "Your Places".
The reason that I,m forced to stick to an earlier version of Maps is that versions greater than 9.36 have a serious drawback.

Presume you want to get a Route from A to B. If I want to Choose "Starting Point" or "Destination" from the Map, you get to see a Raw map without any Landmarks, Titles, Road names, Highlighted places....... nothing. You will simply see a churning that normally ends with "No Network". Else it will show you some eating places where the cursor is.

Or is it something fundamentally wrong with my handling it? I have been using maps for more than 10 years!

Any suggestions?

Few months back I used an app cloner to clone Gmail and it worked fine. Try it, it might not work now because Skynet is always 100 steps ahead. I didn't understand the issue which you are facing with the latest version. Also try to uninstall updates of Gmaps, and set updating of apps to manual in Play Store.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I think you can use an app such as Titanium Backup to backup a particular version and later you can revert back to the version you backed up if you want. But it would be easier to download an older version apk and replace the existing app.

Top Bottom