Down with Jaundice

Status
Not open for further replies.

zegulas

Traceur
Hey people, I am having jaundice, currently under treatment.
But many people have suggested me to go for some ayurvedic medicines, which when taken for 3 days cures jaundice.
But even my doctor has given me a bottle of syrup which says its ayurvedic.
I am confused, because people say ayurvedic is the only solution for jaundice, but the medicines which the doctor gave are also showing improvements, first I was not even able to eat food, everything just came out through vomiting, I had lost appetite, but now its not a problem, its been almost 4 days now.
But my exams start from 3rd of October and I want to get well ASAP.
I am also eating sugarcane the whole day (its supposed to be good for curing jaundice)!

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Depends on the cause of hepatitis. Hepatitis A is caused due to a virus, known as the Hepatitis A virus, and usually manifests as "jaundice". It can also be caused by Hepatitis E virus. Both are spread through contaminated food and water, so it looks like you enjoyed eating out somewhere recently :)
Now there is no specific treatment for jaundice. Your body will fight the infection over the next few weeks. In the mean time all I advice is to stay hydrated - drink water, and eat NORMALLY. You'll hear a lot of grandmother's tales, don't eat this don't eat that, that's all bull. Remember since the liver is involved here, it requires good nutrition to recover, partly the reason why you are being given sugarcane, but then eating mithai would be just as fine!! I do not know of any Ayurvedic medicine that shortens the duration of the disease, although there are plenty of tall claims. Anyway get well soon.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Yes go for ayurveda its recomended by many others also. I have seen two of my friends cured using ayurvedic medicines :)

Get Well Soon :)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
My advice will be to not to disturb your schedule. If the current meds are working fine then please do not add more meds from other Doc or person.

But yeah ayurvedic medicines are always better in that there is no kind of addiction or side effects.

Take care of your eating schedule and proper timely dose of supplements.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
^Ayurvedic medicines do have side effects.

The difference(just in general) between allopathy and ayurved is that, in ayurved, you are given the herb that contains the 'drug', and in allopathy, you are given the drug which is separated from herb. All allopathy medicines are either isolated from herbs or prepared artifically to resemble biomolecules. If a allopathic drug has side-effects, ayurvedic drugs too will have.

Its just a common psychology that ayurvedic drugs don't have side effects!

jal_desai

In the zone
^^ ya right. i had jaundice when i was in 12th.. i had taken both treatments. on the ayurvedic front, i was given a glassful of white syrup made from leaves of some plant. lemme tell u it worked like a charm... two days and i was back to school and tuitions..

karmanya

Journeyman
Well I asked my grandfather, who was an important surgeon for a long time, and he said that to take whatever the doctor had given, drink plenty of fluids and vitamins.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Yus, drink lots of fluid (not soft or alcoholic drinks :|).

Eat at your normal schedule. And it is always better to do what the docs say rather than doing whatever you want. I dunno if Ayurved helps or not but I dont support it. I am fed up of all that plant sh1t. My mom beleives in that stuff so, if I fall sick, she gives me some kinda weird plant to eat or makes a syrup out of it. I hate that stuff. I would rather prefer to go to the nearest trusted hospital/clinic and get a good medicine :|.

Anyways, get well soon.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^Ayurvedic medicines do have side effects.

The difference(just in general) between allopathy and ayurved is that, in ayurved, you are given the herb that contains the 'drug', and in allopathy, you are given the drug which is separated from herb. All allopathy medicines are either isolated from herbs or prepared artifically to resemble biomolecules. If a allopathic drug has side-effects, ayurvedic drugs too will have.

Its just a common psychology that ayurvedic drugs don't have side effects!
yup !

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
What are the basic symptoms? Also is it contagious? I mean if my brother is infected with it then how will I contract it?

OP
zegulas

zegulas

Traceur
Hey people, good news!!
I am all fine now. Took only the medicines that doctor gave me. Here I would like to mention his name, Dr. Manoj V.Sangoi he is M.D.(Paed),D.C.H.(Mum). he runs Lav-Kush hospital at Mulund.
Gave me some allopathic and also a proprietary ayurvedic medicine. Started feeling good in just 1 dose can you believe it...!!!

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Has the vomiting stopped completely? My brother has been diagnosed with the same & had been admitted since yesterday night.:sad:

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
@Zegulas,
I think I hav seen this doc's sign board!

Is it near paanch rasta or the road from paanch rasta to station?

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
^ yep!
(but it also has effects!)
Also, be warned that these days, not all 'ayurvedic' products are that authentic. There is a fad of ayurvedic products these days, so jus be careful about what is being passed onto you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom