Doubts regarding ITR form e-filing

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Hi

Ok so here is what happened. I invested around 100k LIC and PPF.
However I could not submit the proof to my office and in the form 16 i received , the amount mentioned is 10k.

I then talked to karvy iTrust , and upon their suggestion i filled 100k only in my IT return form. The Karvy guys said that they will ask for the proof of these LIC and PPF docs and hence there will be no issue.

However the did not.

So Now basically I have submitted the saving as 100k , where in the form16 it's just 10k.
I do have all the proof of my 100k investment, so I can always show them if asked.

I have just filed e-Return , so I was wondering If i should give these docs to while posting the ITR-V.

Please help.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
If you are having the proofs, then there is no need to worry. Also, while e-filing, there is no option to submit the proofs together. You have to mention your total investments in section 80C, 80D etc and then calculate the tax refund/payable. The e-filing software will do that for you. Since only TDS based on Rs.10000 investment has been calculated for you, you will get refund based on your Rs.100000 investment.

I have e-filed this year and I am commenting based on my experience.

After you have e-filed, you will 1) get an acknowledgement 2) mail that acknowledgement by ordinary post/speed post to Bangalore IT office 3) After some days you will get the email receipt that the acknowledgement has been received by the IT department 4) Still after that you will get the actual acknowledgement from the IT dept by email.

astroutkarsh

Canon EOS 600D / 1000D
@eggman
Do not worry about this. It is ok to add investment in IT Return which is not part of Form 16.
Now as you have mentioned that in IT return & e-filled it. Do as per procedure mentioned in mail or written by Abhijit.
If your assessing Officer requires to verify the documents, you will get notice from IT-Dept and then you need to present those (nearest IT-Office to your place).

So no worries... :)

Top Bottom