Doubt regarding RAM problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakumar79

Technomancer
Hi,
Recently, my system stopped booting (not even BIOS screen) and I had it checked at a local shop. I had already checked that the monitor and the gfx card were not the problem by swapping each with other working parts... After checking, the service engineer said that one of the RAM modules (I had 2x1 GB DDR2 RAM modules) was faulty and two of the RAM slots in the board (out of 4) was faulty. I knew the RAM slots were faulty because I had tested (about a year ago) and found it out... And I had the two RAM modules in the working slots (which meant that they would not work in Dual Channel mode)...

Now, the service engineer has replaced the faulty module with another 1 GB module, but now the system is booting but randomly restarting... Could it be because the two modules are not working together? One is DDR2 667 MHz and the other is 800 MHz... Also the latency, etc are different for the two modules... Is this the cause of the problem and will replacing the two modules with a single 2GB RAM module solve the problem?

Thanks in advance
Arun

prateek007391

In the zone
Yes the problem is because the frequency of the 2 RAM Modules is not equal as u said 667 and 800 MHz

You better get it replaced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom