Double Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
I had 512 mb transcend 400 MHz ram, i got another 1 gb 400Mhz ram
Both are transcend rams...

But 512 Mb is 2.5-3-3 and 1gb is 3-3-3...

first time i inserted 1 gb ram ( its second hand) it made my sytem unstable...
the with 512 mb ram it hanged..but agian when i had it booted with just 1 gb ram after few restarts it was okay....

Now i wanna use both rams...any solution...

How can i check ram ( 1 gb one)??? other than memtest??
Reply fast else i have to return that ram....:(

BTW my mobo is MSI rs 480

BIOS - 6.00 PG

Last edited:

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
i dunno the exact method to make both work....but there is an option in the BIOS to under clock memory latencies...try tht

shantanu

Technomancer
well check your power supply..
and with that also change the ports of RAM.. insertthe 1gb one in the first slot and the other in third slot(only in MSI RS48xMx series)

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
@shantanu

I am sure no problem with power supply as the individual stick work ..only problem is making them work togteher.....

@ assassin
Thats the point ....will after setting 3-3-3 latency ....will 512 mb ram which is 2.5-3-3 work??
and if does then which ram should be palced first 512mb or 1gb????

assasin

Banned
^^^ both sticks sud work @ 3-3-3.if not then try 2.5-3-3.if both timings dont work then 1st underclk both ram so as to match their timings.
the same thing happened to me when i tried to run 2 1GB DDr2 sticks,ona a 533MHz and the other a 667MHz.had to manually adjust ram timings i bios.

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
assasin said:
^^^ both sticks sud work @ 3-3-3.if not then try 2.5-3-3.if both timings dont work then 1st underclk both ram so as to match their timings.
the same thing happened to me when i tried to run 2 1GB DDr2 sticks,ona a 533MHz and the other a 667MHz.had to manually adjust ram timings i bios.

so how go abt the process???
how to underclk them or one of them???

blackleopard92

In the zone
MSI RS 480 M2 (my mobo, which i think is same as yours) doesn't have feature to overclock/underclock memories.
it is done through BIOS though.

Last edited:

assasin

Banned
@wizrulz did u 1st try changinh the timings??
as for underclking the ram,enter the bios and search for the option where it shows the ram clk freq.enter that sub menu and and select 266Mhz and then adjust the timings.its a trial & error method but thats the only way to go.

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Check out the images i have attached.....adn explian it..... :D

I have kept 1gb in slot 1 and 512mb in slot 2...made latency as 2.5.....

But in cpu z it showing 2.5 for 1gb and 2 for 512mb..also speed is shown 166Mhz??? :confused:

Hells_Fury

In the zone
The SPD tab in CPU-Z shows the rated speeds for the RAM modules and not the actual speeds they are running at. In your case, its showing the rated timings @166 as well as @200 MHz.
The actual timings at which the memory is running is displayed in the Memory tab (In your case - 2.5-3-3-7). Since the 1GB module is not rated to run at these speeds, thats your problem. You need to manually adjust the timings through your BIOS. If thats not possible, try using nTune.

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
NVIDIA Ntune u mean.....but i have ATI based mobo.....so will it create problems???

anything similar to NTUNE???? for msi rs 480

Last edited:

Hells_Fury

In the zone
Sorry, didn't realize you had an ATI mobo. Your driver CD itself might have some sort of utility bundled by MSI. Just check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom