DOOM Eternal

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
Announcing DOOM Eternal, the direct sequel to the award-winning and best-selling DOOM (2016). Developed by id Software, DOOM Eternal brings the ultimate combination of speed and power with the next leap in push-forward, first-person combat.

As the DOOM Slayer, return to take your vengeance against the forces of Hell. Set to an all-new pulse pounding soundtrack composed by Mick Gordon, fight across dimensions as you slay new and classic demons with powerful new weapons and abilities.

Witness the worldwide unveiling of DOOM Eternal gameplay at QuakeCon 2018 in Dallas, Texas on August 10th! The reveal will be live for attendees and livestreamed for everyone.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Damn Good!!!

Recently finished DOOM and this the sequel :) Eagerly waiting for it now :D

DOOM is the best FUN to PLAY FPS game, like Serious Sam

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Probably a day 1 purchase for me. Depending upon the price.

I really love the OST. Mix of Industrial and Djent music.

Some new music from Doom Eternal:

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Well, I didn't buy this day 1, but I bought this this sale. While the gameplay is phenomenal I do have some complaints:

The combat mechanics is a bit more complex this time, you have the usual glory kills to get health, but there is a new attachment called a flame belcher that burns enemies causing them to drop armour and the chainsaw that causes enemies to drop ammo. You have to use all three of these to survive because ammo, health and armour are very rare compared to Doom 2016 so you have to constantly scavenge health, ammo and armour from enemies or from the arena you are fighting in. All of this while being attacked by demons from all angles, who are much more aggressive this time. Constantly moving is key to survival.

Every demon has a hard counter in weapon form. If you don't use the appropriate weapon when engaging a particular demon, you will just end up wasting a lot of ammo, which as I said earlier is scarce.

All of this contributes to very frantic combat, especially the boss fights.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Well, I didn't buy this day 1, but I bought this this sale. While the gameplay is phenomenal I do have some complaints:

The combat mechanics is a bit more complex this time, you have the usual glory kills to get health, but there is a new attachment called a flame belcher that burns enemies causing them to drop armour and the chainsaw that causes enemies to drop ammo. You have to use all three of these to survive because ammo, health and armour are very rare compared to Doom 2016 so you have to constantly scavenge health, ammo and armour from enemies or from the arena you are fighting in. All of this while being attacked by demons from all angles, who are much more aggressive this time. Constantly moving is key to survival.

Every demon has a hard counter in weapon form. If you don't use the appropriate weapon when engaging a particular demon, you will just end up wasting a lot of ammo, which as I said earlier is scarce.

All of this contributes to very frantic combat, especially the boss fights.
Aptly described. The game forces you to engage constantly and make you use the power-ups and weapon mods optimal. I was initially unsure coming from Doom which I replayed before Doom Eternal. But now I prefer this :D

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Aptly described. The game forces you to engage constantly and make you use the power-ups and weapon mods optimal. I was initially unsure coming from Doom which I replayed before Doom Eternal. But now I prefer this :D
Yeah, it takes some getting used to but once you get into the rhythm then it's pretty simple.

It's still annoying when you encounter an enemy but don't have ammo in the weapon that you are supposed to use to counter them. Then you have to go around scavenging ammo or hunting a lesser enemy to chainsaw.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Yeah, it takes some getting used to but once you get into the rhythm then it's pretty simple.

It's still annoying when you encounter an enemy but don't have ammo in the weapon that you are supposed to use to counter them. Then you have to go around scavenging ammo or hunting a lesser enemy to chainsaw.
Yes I agree. The chainsaw fuel is not always available. I enabled the mod that enables ammo drops when explodable Cylinders are shot.

Top Bottom