Status
Not open for further replies.

valtea

In the zone
I wanted to register a domain which was taken before. I checked the whois result. it is as below

Domain Name xxxxxxx.com
Whois Server Version 1.3

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to *www.internic.net
for detailed information.

Domain Name: xxxxxxx.COM
Registrar: WILD WEST DOMAINS, INC.
Whois Server: whois.wildwestdomains.com
Referral URL: *www.wildwestdomains.com
Name Server: NS53.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS54.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS57.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS58.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Updated Date: 12-aug-2007
Creation Date: 01-jul-2005
Expiration Date: 01-jul-2007

(I have not written the domain name coz i dont want to lose it)

As per the whois record the expiration is on 1st July 2007. Its already 05 sept 2007 and a month is gone. How long do i have to wait so that i get to register the domain?

OP
V

valtea

In the zone
i tried to register but it says that the domain is taken. when i checked its already a month since its expiry date, how long does this usually last?

slugger

Banned
AFAIK if domain name not renewed it shud b up for grab

not so sure about the time period (actually dint even no dat there was a time period ;))

actually der is dis guy on dis forum who sells doamin name and hosting plans
i'm sure when he comes online he will respond, he is a very active member

if u get no response from him in say 2 days, den probably u can pm him

i'll give u d handle then

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^

45 Days, some time 60 days, depending on ur register... !!! in that time perioud it would stay inactive to get renewed by the owner only... where as after that will go for public sell...

ahref

In the zone
Probably the domain is in redemption period, you have to wait 10-15 days more to register, or you can do backorder now, will have to pay backorder fee. If the domain name is valuable, may be many people are eyeing on it, and chances of grabbing it is very rare for you, as there are professional sites which provide these type of service and grab the domain as soon as it become available

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
there is some grace period for domain renewal, which depends on the registrar. you should check back anytime from now, as it is usualyy betweem three to four months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom