does this support windows vista(hp dv5200tx laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am planning to buy this laptop could you please tell me if this will support windows vista or not
the label says WINDOWS VISTA CAPABLE

this hp model

HP DV 5200TX with following specs
Duo T2550 1.73 GHz, 2 MB L2 Cache, 533 MHz FSB
15.4" colour WXGA BrightView
1GB (1 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM (667MHZ)
100GB (5400 rpm)
SuperMulti Drive Dual Layer DVD±RW/±R
NVIDIA GeForce® Go 7400 Dedicated Graphics (TurboCache 2.0 Technology upto 512 MB
Rs 65,000.00

it is a 32 bit processor

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
there is an app that tells u what functions of vista will work on ur machine and what u need to do to make the others work Download Here

G

gxsaurav

Windows vista will run with full quality & performance on this laptop

OP
T

tanmay_rajvanshi

Broken In
dIgItaL_BrAt said:
Vista will run perfectly fine on that config.

EDIT:This post should be in the QnA section.
alright i will keep it in mind to post it in QnA next time

i want to know what is this 32 and 64 bit processor and do they make a difference

Last edited:

mukul

Journeyman
tanmay_rajvanshi said:
i want to know what is this 32 and 64 bit processor and do they make a difference.........

for this u need to understand about binary numbers.....and differnt ways of representaion.....

it will be a long tutorial.....if i write evry details so in short....

bit stands for “binary digit.”

It is basically how a compu stores and makes ref 2 data, memory, etc. A bit can have a value of 1 or 0, that’s it. So binary code is streams of 1’s and 0’s, such as this random sequence 100100100111. These bits are also how your processor does calculations.

By using 32 bits your processor can represent numbers from 0 to 4,294,967,295 while a 64-bit machine can represent numbers from 0 to 18,446,744,073,709,551,615. Obviously this means your computer can do math with larger numbers, and be more efficient with smaller numbers.

i think u now understand the basic differnce between ....

for more luk at *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/64_bit ....

also

vista will run with ease on ur system....

well about 32 bit and 64 bit..

well its just that 64 bit can process more and are more gamers friendly..

and are technically not fully supported as of now..
you will face problem in finding softwares for running on that processor..

other wise future is 64 bit for sure , but wait for 2-3 years...

OP
T

tanmay_rajvanshi

Broken In
mukul said:
for this u need to understand about binary numbers.....and differnt ways of representaion.....

it will be a long tutorial.....if i write evry details so in short....

bit stands for “binary digit.”

It is basically how a compu stores and makes ref 2 data, memory, etc. A bit can have a value of 1 or 0, that’s it. So binary code is streams of 1’s and 0’s, such as this random sequence 100100100111. These bits are also how your processor does calculations.

By using 32 bits your processor can represent numbers from 0 to 4,294,967,295 while a 64-bit machine can represent numbers from 0 to 18,446,744,073,709,551,615. Obviously this means your computer can do math with larger numbers, and be more efficient with smaller numbers.

i think u now understand the basic differnce between ....

for more luk at *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/64_bit ....

also

vista will run with ease on ur system....
thanks a lot u really made it clear

GunshotSilence

Journeyman
we thinking of buying this for my Indian whistlers' association

part will be paid by the assoc.(which ifounded-for audio editting and karaoke database and general association use) and part by me for my personal and gaming * study use

hows the gaming performance and battery life? and is there much diff between xphome and xp pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom