Does security firms make viruses...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gauravs90

geek........
Today i was hearing to 93.5 RED FM delhi, they are interviewing some IT guy. The IT person said that he made some viruses:shock: on the behalf of some antivirus companies....

Is he anywhere near the truth or he was just exaggerating....?

AcceleratorX

Youngling
^There are enough liars in Indian IT companies. Some security companies do hire people who have made malware previously since the experience helps the development.

Secondly, given the competitive nature of the industry, you either work for a single company or you don't work. You cannot work freelance for 3 companies to create malware.

Thirdly, it is easy to make a virus these days. I'm not going to tell you how to do it, but take it from me when I say it is easy.

In India, we exaggerate every small thing related to computers, like calling simple break-ins using exploits as some kind of major "hack".

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
1 virus against the 1000s of new ones released everyday ;-) time for him to get out of the pond.

read a nice article by Emsisoft team on A/V companies making viruses (emsisoft antimalware is a famous security software if you missed).

rajeevk

Journeyman
Sounds like a Hollywood story where companies create virus to increase sales of their medicines (antidotes).

"AcceleratorX" is right. Companies take help from such guys just to improve their security software not to create their own virus.

OP
Gauravs90

Gauravs90

geek........
1 virus against the 1000s of new ones released everyday ;-) time for him to get out of the pond.

read a nice article by Emsisoft team on A/V companies making viruses (emsisoft antimalware is a famous security software if you missed).

Can you provide the link....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom