Does HP DV5 laptop come with Vista DVD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

apacheman

Journeyman
I've just got my hands on the HP Pavilion DV5 laptop, its got Vista Home Premium pre-installed but there aren't any DVD's or even HP Drivers or softwares CD's, is that usual? or is my package seriously missing something?
Reply ppl... my previous threads haven't recieved any replies yet.... Break my jinx, folks....!

paroh

Padawan
For drivers u can use driver magician to take the backup of ur drivers. And i think there is some option of recovery cd that u can use to restore back to factory default settings.

The software is some think like hp recovery cd ..

unni

In the zone
Yes, the OS along with the drivers are there in a recovery partition. HP doesn't give separate discs with the OS and drivers. You can use HP's Recovery Disc Creator to create a backup of this (2 DVDs). You can choose the recovery option while booting by pressing F10 (I think).

OP
A

apacheman

Journeyman
Yes, the OS along with the drivers are there in a recovery partition. HP doesn't give separate discs with the OS and drivers. You can use HP's Recovery Disc Creator to create a backup of this (2 DVDs). You can choose the recovery option while booting by pressing F10 (I think).

Thanx a lot Unni, can u just help me with the recovery discs, how do i burn that stuff in DVD's? i just got the Vista Product Key number from under the laptop.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Dell is giving free upgrade of Windows 7 on allpc/laptop purchases. That would be definitely useful later when win7 is released. Check the same with HP if you are going to buy HP laptop.

cluby

Broken In
if u how to format hdd then u should better do it & use the softwares as per ur taste because default preinstalled softwaes sucks.
mine came with norton yeaah its really bulky.

hp always has all the drivers listed & ready to download for seperate laps & pcs.

just go to hp's site & search for ur model : hp dv5-**** **
u wil get all the specs, deatils, & drivers n utilities

or go here: *welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/welcome.html#Support
now do a fresh install>install the drivers>install the softwares mostly required & used by u>install acronis true image n make backup>burn the backup in one dvd n make acronis bootable media on other dvd provided by hp (thats makes good use) so that next time u can intall all those stuffs quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom