does a graphic card help in 3ds max or maya?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dishant

Broken In
hello guys,.....i wanna buy a graphic card but b4 that i wwanna tell u that i'm nota serious player ....and i want to know wheather a graphic card wud help in softwares like 3ds max , maya or it's just for gamers?...ple suggest me....
my rig is: amd 4200+, asus m2n-vm dh mobo, 4x1 ddr2 667 mhz kingston ram, 3 sata hdds......... also suggest me which one shud i go for asus 8600gts or wait for my pocket to get filled to buy 8800gt ?????? pls help....

xbonez

NP : Crysis
yeah, definitely it would be help. gfx cards aren't just for gamers. its gud for 3d and other gfx intensive applis (incl games), very gud even if u watch movies. and now with vista, a gfx card helps even in just displaying the GUI

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
More than these GeForce gamer cards, the Quadro series of cards from nVidia is actually useful for Maya, Max etc..since they are explicitly designed for use in design and render environment.

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
Yes i am also learning maya.And hitboxx is right.Go for Quadro series.
But i have nvidia 6600gt 256mb and its working fine.But if you want high quality rendering then go for Quadro series.

Here is the hardware requirement for maya

*usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=9683256

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Yes the mid-high ones are quite expensive, but again, think why are they expensive?! The Geforce technology is way behind compared to Quadro. The starting line of Quadro series of cards, one of which I have, are roughly equivalent to say a 7600 gaming card.

OP
Dishant

Dishant

Broken In
hi hitboxx, can u tell me from which institute u r learning maya..........is there any Quadro fx card supporting DX10 in range of 10-12K.....pls let me know...thank u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom