Do you use Linux OS as daily driver?

Which OS do you use primarily?

• Total voters

Nerevarine

Yes tried on all ports on mobo, issue still occurs. I only have a single USB 2.0 port, tried that.. didnt work.
Tried downgrading kernel as well, still the same thing.

Fiio Q1 MkII is a portable dac, it has a battery in it and it gets charged when connected to a computer. Could that be the reason behind it not working properly ? But that doesnt explain how it used to work fine on elementary, and kubuntu.

[nerevarine@nerevarine-desktop ~]$ lsusb
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 012: ID 2972:0035 GuangZhou FiiO Electronics Co.,Ltd FiiO Q1
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 05e3:0612 Genesys Logic, Inc. Hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 013: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0951:16bf Kingston Technology HyperX Alloy Elite
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 046d:c07e Logitech, Inc. G402 Gaming Mouse
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Nerevarine

I managed to fix this, apparently manjaro's default behavior is to conserve power by shutting down usb devices after few seconds. I disabled that using TLPUI. Now my audio works perfectly fine.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
I managed to fix this, apparently manjaro's default behavior is to conserve power by shutting down usb devices after few seconds. I disabled that using TLPUI. Now my audio works perfectly fine.
Thanks for letting me know about this issue. I moved form debian to Manjaro just last Sunday. And I now know about an issue that I could face. :p
Btw, ever experience this bug?:
After you leave the PC for a certain time and come back to unlock it, you are greeted by a black screen, with only the mouse cursor. No matter what you do, you don't get the login screen.
Happened with me a couple of times, and I think it's a known bug (even Chris Titus Tech, from Youtube go this issue).

Desmond David

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
After you leave the PC for a certain time and come back to unlock it, you are greeted by a black screen, with only the mouse cursor. No matter what you do, you don't get the login screen.
You should try logging in using one of the virtual terminals using Ctrl + Alt + F1..F9, then run `htop` and see if there are any processes that are frozen. You could also try unfreezing your session using `loginctl` though I don't remember the exact syntax.

Nerevarine

Thanks for letting me know about this issue. I moved form debian to Manjaro just last Sunday. And I now know about an issue that I could face. :p
Btw, ever experience this bug?:
Happened with me a couple of times, and I think it's a known bug (even Chris Titus Tech, from Youtube go this issue).
Yes faced this, ill look for a fix.

ico

Super Moderator
Used from year 2007 to 2018. Then bought a Macbook which is my daily driver.

The main OS on the desktop is still Linux though.