Do you judge the cost of smartphones based on the chipsets?

Tusharma

Broken In
If you look at the cost of the smartphones only on the basis of their chipsets, let me tell you that Realme X7 Max 5G with Dimensity 1200 has been launched at just 27k in India while Realme X7 Pro with Dimensity 1000+ costs 30k. What's your explanation? Other features?

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
See, a smartphone with SD888 can be made for 10k, except, it will not have camera, speaker, any screen protection, probably not even having a battery. But with only that chip.

main factor to judge a smartphone should be user experience, because no matter your phone has the best chip, if it lacks basic user experience and is full of ads and bloatware, like xiaomi and realme- whose both UI and UX is shit, is not worth it, if considering above 30K. Even above 25k i would go for non chinese phones.

for low budget, one has got nothing except buying chinese ones.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I wonder what kinda user experience it would be without speaker, battery et al ;)

OP
T

Tusharma

Broken In
So chipset should not be used as the only factor while judging the cost.
So true. Last year Moto Edge that cost around 1.25 lakh contained Snapdragon 710 chipset which is obsolete now. However, Dimensity 1200 is still a good option at the price.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
So true. Last year Moto Edge that cost around 1.25 lakh contained Snapdragon 710 chipset which is obsolete now. However, Dimensity 1200 is still a good option at the price

Moto edge plus along with SD865 costs 54999 on Amazon. Can you link which phone you are referring?

Also, It would be a stupid idea to consider Mediatek above 50K INR.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Are you a mediatek rep? Haven't seen anybody praising them this much anywhere, except for paid videos on YouTube.
So true. Last year Moto Edge that cost around 1.25 lakh contained Snapdragon 710 chipset which is obsolete now. However, Dimensity 1200 is still a good option at the price.
At that price, an android phone must have snapdragon 888 or whatever best Qualcomm can make.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

OP
T

Tusharma

Broken In
Moto edge plus along with SD865 costs 54999 on Amazon. Can you link which phone you are referring?

Also, It would be a stupid idea to consider Mediatek above 50K INR.
Beg your pardon, it was Moto Razr (2019) that came with SD 710. And yes, even Mediatek knows that people won't buy it above 50k and that is why it is playing safe to power smartphones in budget and mid-range segment.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
judging a phone price has many elements in it not only chipset but when people look for a phone there first attention goes to Chipset and then other features in it.

So, yes if other features are Crap then its a flop phone.

MediaTek is a good chipset, although less popular and lower cost than SD due to several other factors. I will not see any problem buying a MT over 50k

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Why do you think people will not buy mediatek over 50k ?

There top offering, dimensity 1200 is far inferior than SnapDragon 888. You can compare geek bench scores too. Most of the phones above 50k come with SD 888, so why will someone go with inferior chip?

OP
T

Tusharma

Broken In
There are other good Chipsets
Absolutely. But you would have read recently that Huawei chipsets are seeing downfall and Bionic is a totally different segment. Snapdragon and Mediatek are the major forerunners in the smartphone market these days.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
There are other good Chipsets as well such as :
  • Exynos
  • Huawei
  • Apple Bionic
Exynos being good is a recent development. Exynos was historically so bad, samsung reportedly fired the entire Exynos division in South Korea.

Apple Bionic is tier1, their chips are crazy fast. That's the reason they can pull shenanigans like remove headphone jack, because they know their product will sell.

It doesn't matter what chipset comes out, they have to prove themselves in terms of performance, and long term use.

OP
T

Tusharma

Broken In
Apple Bionic is tier1, their chips are crazy fast
Actually Bionic is different because it hardly matters for the Android users who are more in number in the world. This is a totally different segment of smartphones. Also, Exynos is surviving only because of the high-end chipsets. The mid-range ones are so useless.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Most mobile GPUs are actually more powerful than the switch, but the reason they don't perform as well is because of lack of optimisation from GPU vendors.

Now that Exynos now has amd's GPU tech as samsung has announced a collaboration and Qualcomm also has promised updatable drivers for sd 888 and above, one can hope the above will change.

No matter how many rog branded, razer phone or gaming branded phones come out, they are never going to perform as good as a bionic, it's a sad reality. Maybe it will change after qualcomm's updatable drivers and adherence to vulkan 2

aakil786

Right off the assembly line
While smartphones price tags fluctuate, many users are left ... into the price makeups of the latest smartphone models based on data provided ... The display is one of the most crucial components of a smartphone, along with the chipset, and it ... So, they, rightfully, account for a big chunk of component costs.

Top Bottom