Do you judge the cost of smartphones based on the chipsets?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
i judge the cost of smartphones from the features and sensors.
I an average lower middle class guy, have bought both of my first two Android smartphones in budget of about 10k to 15k.
But when my Moto X fell on the road and ran over by a car I "invested" 34K in my next smartphones which was LG G6.

It was more than double the cost of my last phone and a big dent in my wallet. So why did I choose it? Simply because of the features.
The camera was ahead of it's time and a bonus was wide angle camera. The best feature imo was waterproof ability. Because of that I don't fear taking out my phone in rainy season. I achieved a piece of mind that many phones don't give.

Granted today, I would think twice to buy a phone in that price range, but I think summary is I have never sought after chipset, rather real life usage experience and features.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
i judge the cost of smartphones from the features and sensors.
I an average lower middle class guy, have bought both of my first two Android smartphones in budget of about 10k to 15k.
But when my Moto X fell on the road and ran over by a car I "invested" 34K in my next smartphones which was LG G6.

It was more than double the cost of my last phone and a big dent in my wallet. So why did I choose it? Simply because of the features.
The camera was ahead of it's time and a bonus was wide angle camera. The best feature imo was waterproof ability. Because of that I don't fear taking out my phone in rainy season. I achieved a piece of mind that many phones don't give.

Granted today, I would think twice to buy a phone in that price range, but I think summary is I have never sought after chipset, rather real life usage experience and features.
You had a LG P500 or P698. How was the experience with that?

Sent via Tapatalk

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
You had a LG P500 or P698. How was the experience with that?

I have had LG P500 (also known as O1), and Moto X (1st gen). But not P698.
I would say I had fun with both the phones. LG P500 was my first crush, that I used to experiment with rooting and stuff. Installed custom ROMS to extend life, until it wasn't possible.
With Moto X, it was just breathtaking at the time. Amoled display, ok google integration like first of the kind features. It use to be fun back in the days.

Top Bottom