DivX XviD Player

Discussion in 'Software Q&A' started by neo_anderson, May 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neo_anderson

neo_anderson New Member

Hi,
    I would like to buy a DVD Player with support for DiVX/XViD movies too, can u guys give me some recommendations?

2. freshseasons

freshseasons King of my own Castle

If on budget Get Onida Divx . Apart from playing scratched DVD's n CD's its also good with Divx formats and had really good time on it since its got onboard amplifier too unlike Philips or samsung , LG ones.
    Then i also got Sony MHC-GNZ8D which i got for around 20k which is also a good with Divx and being mini Hifi too you dont need to invest more on Speakers too. However while converting to Divx , Theatre profile has to be selected as its not that tolerant as Onida with DIVX but Quality is just uncomparable.
    I got both with me and i think they are the best around there. Rest Depends upon your consideration which you choose !

3. plsoft

plsoft New Member

i have Philips DVP 5106k n it plays Divx, Xvid, Ogm with subtitles. I don't know bout the DVD n audio capabilities but it's a good player as far as divx movies are concerned. However, new models have come up from Philips so i think u better check them out.

4. Stick

Stick New Member

LG DS 9533 ! Awsome !

5. nil_3

nil_3 New Member

Can these DivX/XVid players support video with subtitle? i.e. if a Subtitle file(.srt) is placed in the same folder and same name as the DivX/XVid movie file, can the subtitle be played with the DivX/XVid movie?

6. plsoft

plsoft New Member

Yup it supports .srt, .sub, .txt, .ssa & few more (can't find my manual :-( ). Nways u don't have to put the movies in different folders, just name the subtitle file exactly as the movie's, it will automatically detect the subtiltle. Here is an example:

LOTR.avi
    LOTR.srt
    Spiderman.avi
    Spiderman.srt
    X-Men.ogm
    X-Men.srt

Well u get the idea.

7. ravillion10

ravillion10 New Member

Circuit City has the • Philips DivX/Xvid/MP3/DVD Player $50 after a instant discount and a $10 off $50 coupon. This player plays movies in almost any format DIVX, XVID, VCD, SVCD, DVD, etc..

and

• LG DNX190UH
    • Sumvision SV 100 DIVX/XVID DVD Dual +/- Recorder (99535)
    • Sumvision Multiformat DVD Recorder SV1000 Accepts DVD+R /+RW DVD-R /-• RW and plays back DiVX Xvid files SV-1000
    • Sony DVD/DivX HDMI DVP-NS76H
    • LG DVD/DivX/HDMI DNX-190H

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.