Status
Not open for further replies.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
If on budget Get Onida Divx . Apart from playing scratched DVD's n CD's its also good with Divx formats and had really good time on it since its got onboard amplifier too unlike Philips or samsung , LG ones.
Then i also got Sony MHC-GNZ8D which i got for around 20k which is also a good with Divx and being mini Hifi too you dont need to invest more on Speakers too. However while converting to Divx , Theatre profile has to be selected as its not that tolerant as Onida with DIVX but Quality is just uncomparable.
I got both with me and i think they are the best around there. Rest Depends upon your consideration which you choose !

plsoft

Journeyman
i have Philips DVP 5106k n it plays Divx, Xvid, Ogm with subtitles. I don't know bout the DVD n audio capabilities but it's a good player as far as divx movies are concerned. However, new models have come up from Philips so i think u better check them out.

nil_3

In the zone
plsoft said:
i have Philips DVP 5106k n it plays Divx, Xvid, Ogm with subtitles. I don't know bout the DVD n audio capabilities but it's a good player as far as divx movies are concerned. However, new models have come up from Philips so i think u better check them out.

Can these DivX/XVid players support video with subtitle? i.e. if a Subtitle file(.srt) is placed in the same folder and same name as the DivX/XVid movie file, can the subtitle be played with the DivX/XVid movie?

plsoft

Journeyman
Yup it supports .srt, .sub, .txt, .ssa & few more (can't find my manual :-( ). Nways u don't have to put the movies in different folders, just name the subtitle file exactly as the movie's, it will automatically detect the subtiltle. Here is an example:

LOTR.avi
LOTR.srt
Spiderman.avi
Spiderman.srt
X-Men.ogm
X-Men.srt

Well u get the idea.

ravillion10

Right off the assembly line
Circuit City has the • Philips DivX/Xvid/MP3/DVD Player $50 after a instant discount and a $10 off $50 coupon. This player plays movies in almost any format DIVX, XVID, VCD, SVCD, DVD, etc..

and

• LG DNX190UH
• Sumvision SV 100 DIVX/XVID DVD Dual +/- Recorder (99535)
• Sumvision Multiformat DVD Recorder SV1000 Accepts DVD+R /+RW DVD-R /-• RW and plays back DiVX Xvid files SV-1000
• Sony DVD/DivX HDMI DVP-NS76H
• LG DVD/DivX/HDMI DNX-190H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom