Divinity Original Sin

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Just started playing this game, I m surprised there isnt a thread about this already..
Game is amazing, finally a proper sequel to the original Divine Divinity.. I was initially put off by the turn based combat but its so amazing and intuitive and this is one of the only games that reward exploration and stealth RPG like elder scrolls..
Anyone else trying this game out ?

gameranand

Living to Play
Game is really good that I know. I am waiting for it go on a nice sale for me to grab this. Then I can play the game. :D

Alok

Adventurer
I'v GOG version and playing this a lot. Its great rpg and spells are awesome. Playing as Ranger with my friend (Enchantress).

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Im in love with this game's soundtrack :S.. they have reused the some of the original Divine Divinity tracks
Also, can anyone recommend similar RPG with stealth elements.. Does Icewind Dale/Baldurs Gate/PoE have town based stealth segments where you can rob houses at your pleasure... Honestly i feel that is the most entertaining part lol

Alok

Adventurer
Im in love with this game's soundtrack :S.. they have reused the some of the original Divine Divinity tracks
Also, can anyone recommend similar RPG with stealth elements.. Does Icewind Dale/Baldurs Gate/PoE have town based stealth segments where you can rob houses at your pleasure... Honestly i feel that is the most entertaining part lol

I found stealth in almost all rpg. Be it skyrim, DAO, etc..what do you asking for :-D Yes pillars of eternity has it.

gameranand

Living to Play
ok not stealth (rogue only in DAO) but stealing is a skill there. And that is what Neverine asking about, robbing houses.

Even stealing was flawed as there was a proper punishment for using that skill. None of the party members used to get offended and even at its highest, the skill was useless at best. I mean seriously how many times you have actually used that skill. It was not properly implemented at all, it was there just to show off and for the sake of it.

Alok

Adventurer
I am yet to play Inquisition. :p

I about to end it but still I didn't require strategic pause system, even for high dragons in this game. Its fast paced and more inclined towards action. Rogue are killing machine, both ranger and dual wielder.

gameranand

Living to Play
I about to end it but still I didn't require strategic pause system, even for high dragons in this game. Its fast paced and more inclined towards action. Rogue are killing machine, both ranger and dual wielder.

Lets take this to its proper ground. :D

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
No, what I meant is :
You try to steal from vendors when they arent looking in your direction..
You get caught, it will lower their disposition
You get caught more and guards will come in to take you to jail..
You can escape from jail if you have lockpicking skill/friend can rescue you or serve your time and have your skill lowered

All elder scrolls have this and Divine Divinity/Original Sin have this.. Any other games that implement this feature ?

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
[YOUTUBE]watch?v=cugQ4pS_zOQ[/YOUTUBE]

Completely new ending.. definitely a good time to pickup the enhanced edition once it releases, trust me this is an amazing game !
most likely they are gonna implement romance
Best part of teh news is that its going to be free for GOG users as well as steam users .. YAY!

Larian studios = bestest best developers, equal to CDPR.. Screw you FROM software

Last edited:
Top Bottom