distorted font,

Status
Not open for further replies.

poorlyduck

Broken In
why my font looks really distored? I tried to change the font in display proprieties and also checked in firefox I dont have no clue, the start menu in windows looks good using windows vista theme, anybody can help me plz, thanx in advance.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Look in the control panel for an entry named Adobe Clear type or something like that.

Open it and select the Disable Cleartype fonts checkbox.

OP
P

poorlyduck

Broken In
Lucky_star said:
Look in the control panel for an entry named Adobe Clear type or something like that.

Open it and select the Disable Cleartype fonts checkbox.
I tried to enable the cleartype but it looks worse, where do I look exactly in control panel to see the entry?
I notice that everytime I use vista themes (windows, firefox, trillian) I get that distorted font, that it mean my windows xp doesnt go well with that font they are using? or Im missing the font?

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
I tried to enable the cleartype but it looks worse, where do I look exactly in control panel to see the entry?
I notice that everytime I use vista themes (windows, firefox, trillian) I get that distorted font, that it mean my windows xp doesnt go well with that font they are using? or Im missing the font?

Small Font size is causing the distortion... Increase the font size from the Desktop Properties Dialog...

OP
P

poorlyduck

Broken In
kaustav_geek said:
Small Font size is causing the distortion... Increase the font size from the Desktop Properties Dialog...

the theme Im using is MVRTM.mmstyles with the theme is 3 different fonts sizes Tahoma @8, segoe UI @8 and Segoe UI @9, I am using Tahoma @8 which looks good in start menu and title bars but inside of windows is very bad, so what are you telling me is to go apperance, font size, advance and choose the font size for each one on the list? or there is different way?

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
I am using Tahoma @8 which looks good in start menu and title bars but inside of windows is very bad

Ahem...the font size in the above mentioned areas is inherently larger than those inside any window... try increasing/changing font sizes... experiment... You will get a way through.......

so what are you telling me is to go apperance, font size, advance and choose the font size for each one on the list? or there is different way?

Yes... Partly.. change only those which are related to in-window fonts...

Last edited:
OP
P

poorlyduck

Broken In
kaustav_geek said:
Ahem...the font size in the above mentioned areas is inherently larger than those inside any window... try increasing/changing font sizes... experiment... You will get a way through.......

Yes... Partly.. change only those which are related to in-window fonts...

thank you, I will try and post the result thanx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom