Distance education based certificate course in linux administration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all.

I am looking for a good course which I can do at leisure from home on linux administration and get a certification for the same.
Preferably it will be something like IGNOU.

Is there any institute which offers it ?

^^Thanks. But isn't there something *free* which can be safely done as a part time course and me needing to write only an examination (possibly paid) to get a certification ?

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
You can prepare for your Red Hat certification at your home, for free and write your exam, which is paid, at your own leisure pace.

circular_q

Broken In
Yes, the Red Hat exam RHCE is expensive (though I had read it costs Rs. 12,000, not Rs. 14,000). But it's the only Linux administration certificate in most demand in India. So what you can do is learn and experiment with Linux in your home and set up a network. Then after you are confident about administering Linux and enterprise applications and servers that run on it, either you give the exam directly, or if the exam fees are too high then you work for some time in a professional capacity in the same technologies and give the exam after making some money :)

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
Is there any course which is free and the certificate exam is free too? I am currently doing basic linux course from LBo but I don't think they conduct exam or give certificates. I am interested in this too.

LBo
LPI

Last edited:

circular_q

Broken In
You can learn it by yourself for free. It might take some time but you will learn it better rather than attending some class for one month or even three months. And certifications aren't free but they aren't absolutely needed if you have a degree and some expertise in the technology. You can always get them later.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
lol...20K to be certify your mastery in FOSS! I expected it to be nominal of not free!

circular_q

Broken In
It's because despite FOSS being Free and Open Source, businesses need to earn money and also don't shy away from spending money.

And IGNOU's MCA program isn't free. It costs Rs. 25,000 per year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom