Dissapointed with Soundmagic ES18

vevdare

Broken In
After reading about many people raving about the performance and SQ of SM ES18 i finally bought it and when i used it in my smartphone for the first time i am completely disappointed.There is no such thing as bass.It sounds so flat that a roadside chepos will easily beat it.I dont know why people are praising it..Some say its the way music is to be heard.I dont think so. :-x

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
don't compare those cheap ones with ES18. I've been using ES18 since Feb 2014 and haven't had any problems with the sound or the build quality. plus they don't even get tangled.

kamal_saran

android lover
i think you got a defective piece . i also bought es18 last week and i'm not disappointed by the performance its way better than what i was used too:)

OP
V

vevdare

Broken In
How many hours have you listened using the ES18? What genre if music do you listen to!
Is there such as burn-in time?
And i listen to Tamil and Hindi film songs.I played bass-heavy songs and nothing i heard.

- - - Updated - - -

I think they made it with treble and mid tone in mind.It's ok for a person who loves these alone

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Is there such as burn-in time?
And i listen to Tamil and Hindi film songs.I played bass-heavy songs and nothing i heard.

- - - Updated - - -

I think they made it with treble and mid tone in mind.It's ok for a person who loves these alone

What is your source of Music?? player as well as music file format? Use at least 128 Kbps mp3 files.

If no bass coming out of ES 18 then they must be defective or you need to replace your music source. try with some other devices & revert back.

OP
V

vevdare

Broken In
Ok i tired the headphone frequency testing audio file that was available on audiocheck website.I ran the 10 Hz >> 200 Hz
+ Voice Over test from my PC with the headphones connected and i was able to hear the sound only from 100Hz and above.I tested with the same audio test file with my HP clip-ons and i was able to hear the boom right from 40Hz.So is this a faulty piece?Are there any software to test its ability accurately?

Gollum

Collector
Ok i tired the headphone frequency testing audio file that was available on audiocheck website.I ran the 10 Hz >> 200 Hz
+ Voice Over test from my PC with the headphones connected and i was able to hear the sound only from 100Hz and above.I tested with the same audio test file with my HP clip-ons and i was able to hear the boom right from 40Hz.So is this a faulty piece?Are there any software to test its ability accurately?

Looks like the earphone is not made to low frequency.

Top Bottom